VOGONS

Win32 DosBox 0.62 version

Topic actions

First post, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've updated the build to version 0.62. Enjoy!

Reply 1 of 20, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

hmm, it doesn't seem to work with the MT32_PCM.ROM which works with the previous build you made. Does that mean you must use the Windows Driver to run it with MT32? Also I noticed that the version you gave out is a Debugging version plus it's not a "clean" build the DOSBox.conf is a bit .. Messy. 😜

Source Zip is kinda old (it is misssing some of the fixes to CDROM ISO and stuff) and your build is missing ScreenShot Support. Also I can't build the source under MinGW because the files aren't linked up it seems.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 4 of 20, by Tristan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow, a new release from Canadacow. Glad to see you are finding
the time to maintain the MT-32 EMU.
Does this new release change anything in the emulator core?
I posted some platform independent bug fixes a while back
(one for clicks and another involving incorrect partials) that I
had integrated into the Linux version. I don't think that they are
currently in the Windows/Dosbox version.

Once again, it is good to see you are back into developing the
MT-32 emu.

Reply 5 of 20, by SpudMonkey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was also having problems running this version of dosbox (to be clear, the one dated 10/10/2004). It crashes any time I run a game that is set to use MT-32.

I downloaded the source and compiled it, and I still had the same problem. But I was able to fix it. In midi_mt32.h, line 52 reads:
myMT32->ClassicOpen("c:\\emulators\\dosbox\\",tmpProp);

Well, I don't have a c:\emulators\dosbox directory on my computer. I was able to fix it by changing the line to:
myMT32->ClassicOpen(".\\",tmpProp);

This way it should use the current directory. I'm not sure if that's the best way to fix it, but hey, it seems to work. 😀 There certainly should not be a hard-coded directory name.

Reply 7 of 20, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi CC.

Not sure why, but your latest build still crashes to the desktop with the following message: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." 🙁

Reply 8 of 20, by SpudMonkey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The new build works just fine for me. So I'm certain that the problem Kaminari is having is different than the one I mentioned, which is now fixed. I have no idea what his problem might be, but I figured I'd mention that it does not happen for everyone.

Reply 10 of 20, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Listening to Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2 and Wing Commander I haven't noticed any improvements, on the contrary the instruments (trumpte, trombone) seem to be weaker and less pronounced than in the March 2004 version.

I know tuning the emulator is a very delicate thing so there may be improvements I didn't notice but so far I like the old version more.

Reply 12 of 20, by moturimi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I compared the new version with the old one. I can say there are problems in some games like "Legend of Kyrandia1". In the introduction there are problems with some custom instruments (loaded by sysex) with the new version. The old DosboxMt32 didn't have this problem. It's really bad sounding.

Reply 13 of 20, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SpudMonkey wrote:

I figured I'd mention that it does not happen for everyone.

Thanks for the info. After a lot of testing (switching SDL/MSVC libs and all), I still have no clue why it crashes with this error message. The official DOSBox 0.62 works fine, as well as CC's previous MT-32 build. I have a P4 Celeron D330.

Reply 15 of 20, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just uploaded the previous version of DOSBox MT32 0.61 (July 11,2004 version) He had made a few bug fixes in a previous thread and I repacked it with the latest version of that EXE.

DOSBox-MT32-0.61.zip

Be easy I don't have a lot of Bandwidth. Thanks.
I also updated this version with the latest DOSBox version of SDL.DLL and my build of SDL_net.dll. (works well on my comp)
I also cropped out the stuff the extra "crap" that wasn't being used by DOSBox but was still being included in the zip.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 16 of 20, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Btw, Is there a reason why you haven't pulled a new version of DOSBox and patched it with your changes CC?
I looked at your source and the files you have are all from some point in 0.61. Your VERSION still says 0.61. So I know you haven't done a clean pull lately. 😁.

I build with MinGW and well it's a lot easier since it's free and I don't have MS Visual C or Net so yeah your VCProjects I can't build with.
I can build every last bit of DOSBox SRC with MinGW so far 😜.

/Ieremiou

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 19 of 20, by d020

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had the same problem as Kaminari. In my case it´s caused by my joystick.
It says:
Using joystick X6-38V Dual Analog Rumble Pad with 30 axes and 327683 buttons.

and then terminates with the former posted message.

If I remove the joystick dosbox runs. (But i can´t use the joystick of course 🙄)