VOGONS

Munt issue with Windows 10

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 63, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also note, in a 32-bit shell, it may seem that the 32-bit .dll resides in \Windows\System32 due to wow magic. To ensure this mess really happened, one should check it in a 64-bit shell or in \Windows\Sysnative.

Reply 61 of 63, by citrixscu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
sergm wrote on 2020-06-21, 07:46:
citrixscu wrote on 2020-06-20, 19:51:

Not sure here, but it looks like infinstall_x64.exe may be installing the 32-bit driver to \Windows\System32 rather than the 64-bit one?

That'd be odd, but the installers (all sorts of them) do install a .dll in \Windows\System32. The thing is, the installer copies the 64-bit .dll in there, while the 32-bit .dll is copied to \Windows\SysWOW64. These two are easily distinguishable by size 😀

Odd, indeed. So, I don't know what was happening, but I rebooted the machine and the installer works as expected. For whatever reason it looked to be putting the 32 bit one in System32 due to the smaller file size.

Reply 62 of 63, by ShirBlackspots

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Those new drivers, the MIDI sound played through Munt appears to be better (I think?). It certainly sounds different. I played canyon.mid and necrofantasia.mid through it. A word of note: since Munt only has 8 channels, plus a rhythm channel, it seems that some notes are not being played through Munt when playing necrofantasia.mid

Reply 63 of 63, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The MT-32 has 9 channels. If your MIDI files are MT-32 compatible, they should sound the same on Munt as they do on MT-32.

MT-32/Munt are not compatible with GM/GS/XG.

Ryzen 2600X 4.0 GHz | Vega 56 8 GB | DDR4 16 GB | Win7-64 Ultimate | Win10-64 Pro