VOGONS

_

Topic actions

First post, by user222

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

_

Last edited by user222 on 2006-09-19, 09:52. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 4, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The main point in making MT-32 emulation is of course to get the sound as on MT-32 😀. If it was not like that, then there would be no point in it - probably all games have other sound possibilities (usually at least a simple SoundBlaster ....). However MT-32 sounds better.

Mirek

Reply 3 of 4, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Amogst other differences MT32 has instruments mapped to different positions than GM. I remember I had some simpsons midis that sounded like played underwater, but they sounded correctly when I turned on the mt32 emulation on Awe32. But mapping instruments is just a part of the emulation if I understand mt32 correctly, a game can also upload it's own samples which is not possible in GM.
mirek: yes, most games can do opl, but there are some that do mt32 and not GM. In this case even "not so correct" mapping of MT32 to GM would be preferable to crappy FM 😁

Reply 4 of 4, by user222

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mirekluza wrote:

The main point in making MT-32 emulation is of course to get the sound as on MT-32 😀. If it was not like that, then there would be no point in it - probably all games have other sound possibilities (usually at least a simple SoundBlaster ....). However MT-32 sounds better.

Mirek

I'm sorry, I didn't know the emulation of "MT-32"/"MPU-401" using the "MIDI Mapper" already exists in DOSBox.