VOGONS

First post, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,
Until now I used a midi emulator (falcosoft) with soundcards that have a gameport (windows xp machines). Connected the um-one (to the soundcard in the retro machine and to a sidekick that runs the falcosoft midiplayer) and everything runs nice.
I now wanted to do similar on my main machine with Windows 10. I googled a lot but found no tutorial or anything alike... So how can I use the midi emulator in DOSBox with Windows 10? No gameport there... 🤷
Do I need an USB to Gameport Adapter?
I imagine to connect things like that:
1. USB to Gameport Adapter to PC
2. MIDI cable to Adapter
3. MIDI cable to um-one
4. um-one to emulator machine
5. emulator machine sound to line in of PC

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 1 of 3, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ah... I found something else... Will try that and hope... 😬
-----

Get it working with loopmidi... Amazing... 😍

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 2 of 3, by Nilwill

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Unsure if you got this to work, but I was messing around with the Sound Canvas VA VST and used LoopMidi to create a virtual midi device that I could route sound through.

I currently am using Ableton to send the MIDI to, but any VST host works for my solution.

All this so I can play an emulated version of EverQuest (TAKP) that has the old MIDi music.

Reply 3 of 3, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Nilwill wrote on 2021-08-02, 05:02:

Unsure if you got this to work, but I was messing around with the Sound Canvas VA VST and used LoopMidi to create a virtual midi device that I could route sound through.

I currently am using Ableton to send the MIDI to, but any VST host works for my solution.

All this so I can play an emulated version of EverQuest (TAKP) that has the old MIDi music.

Got everything working with loopmidi and falcosoft midiplayer... It runs without any problem...