VOGONS

First post, by gergo77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been a game music fan since the late 1980's staring with the C64 and its SID chip.

I had a SCC-1 card back in 1994, which cost a fortune here in Hungary and later the various MT/CM/SC modules from the Internet. I sold them all eventually and just went with emulation (which is very decent by now!) I love that even my Android phone does MUNT very well and at least can use an SC-55 soundfont for "acceptable" General Midi emulation.

But now I'm back to using real hardware. I managed to get a CM-32L for 18500 YEN from Japan, which seems like a good deal these days, prices went through the roof lately. Also got an SC-55MKII for half that price.

I still intend to get a CM-64 to mess around with emulation of Japanese computers and an oldtype MT-32 for accuracy in early games.

Hasn't anybody tech-savvy every managed to modify the CM-500 and the CM-32LN to fix the faster vibrato issue? I seem to remember that somebody tried using the ROM from eariler modules, but it didn't work...

It's funny that the DOSBox website still offers version 0.74. Ok, a slightly fixed version of it. Which unofficial recent build would you recommend using?