Attachments

• Filename
    munt-layout.png
    File size
    118.62 KiB
    Downloads
    400 downloads
    File comment
    New site mockup layout and some content.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 1 of 44, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The logo looks intimidating like that, despite being pink. I swear it's staring down malevolently at me from it's position at the top middle of the page, threatening to eat my unborn children and rain fire and lightining down on my helpless person 😉

I like the layout and graphics, but not the colors -- I wouldn't associate pink and mint green with a boxy, black electronic device from the 80s. Surrendering myself to the odd color scheme however, I still find that the darker green is too light for me to be able to read the text comfortably.

Just my two cents. I'm certainly neither motivated nor talented enough to offer an alternative.

Completely off topic: Anyone do a search for "MT-32" on google lately? Interesting results (Canadacow's site, VOGONS, Quest Studios, and mentions of DOSBox).

Reply 2 of 44, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sorry, I hate Channel9 for looking so fucking good. It's stuck in my head constantly. It took a good deal of strength to avoid using orange. 😀 I'll try improving the contrast. Perhaps I can fenagle myself into using colours that hurt people's eyes more (that was, as far as I can tell, what the 80s were all about).

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 3 of 44, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Perhaps I can fenagle myself into using colours that hurt people's eyes more (that was, as far as I can tell, what the 80s were all about).

That and bad hairdos...

Reply 4 of 44, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Some new colours.

Attachments

• Filename
    munt-layout2.png
    File size
    117.44 KiB
    Downloads
    351 downloads
    File comment
    Different colours.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 6 of 44, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cool. Colors blend really good with the schematic pic across the top.

(edit) Kaminari: hahaha-- oh god, Minicons *closes window quickly to avoid desecration of fond childhood memories*

Reply 14 of 44, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Snover wrote:

XHTMLisation of the mockup ist finí. Go check it out. There are some minor problems with Opera that need to be addressed.

I guess you don't care too much if it doesn't work in IE? 😈

Reply 17 of 44, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Features of this site design that are missing/broken in Internet Explorer:

* CSS "opacity" (not essential)
* CSS "fixed" layer position
* CSS "left" and "right"/"top" and "bottom" on the same element
* CSS "table-cell" display type
* PNG transparency

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 18 of 44, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Which translates into 'the site doesn't work under IE'. I'd take a screenie if I thought you were honestly concerned [and hadn't seen the issues already] but I know what the Firefox crusade is like around here 😀

In essence, there's sometimes no logo, top bar text links are usually squashed up, a forced horizontal scroll bar and some dodgy header bar layout issues and the footer that overlays the content.

If you're going to make it incompatable with IE then why not put a message to that effect. You're only going to get negative feedback/questions on why it looks so shit otherwise!

Reply 19 of 44, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The crusade is not for use of Firefox, the crusade is for use of browser with proper standards support. I could care less if you use Firefox, Opera, Safari, or Konqueror. It just needs to support the fuckin' standards.

Yes, it’s my fault.