VOGONS

web site

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 44, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you're going to get that pedantic, then it'd be more like you are automatically issued a Toyota when you pay for your driver's license. Most other brands would also be free, but most people don't want to bother with replacing one car with another when they feel it works just fine...

I'm getting sick of analogies...

Reply 42 of 44, by KingGuppy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I propose that Snover sends me the finished design, and I'll make sure that it works on IE as well as more capable browsers. How does that sound?

Quick note: The core of Munt (including the drivers) has an MIT-style licence, so the "GPL" notice should probably be changed or removed.

Reply 43 of 44, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@Snover: Forgot to mention this the last time we spoke, but the page you have now wouldn't take me more than 30 minutes to make in an equivalent, cross-browser form.

Reply 44 of 44, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I guess my main objection is that while in principle I agree with Snover's viewpoint, being hardnosed about it is no better than the people who were (and are) so belligerent about only caring that their page ran in IE. Crap browser or no, it is the right thing to do.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem