VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

you want me to paste the content of this guide here?
How to speed up DOSBox (by robertmo and mirekluza)

if you red the readme you would know that

===== NOTE: ===== […]
Show full quote

=====
NOTE:
=====

While we are hoping that one day DOSBox will run all programs ever
made for the PC, we are not there yet. At present, DOSBox running
on a high-end machine will roughly be the equivalent of a 486 PC.
DOSBox can be configured to run a wide range of DOS games, from
CGA/Tandy/PCjr classics up to games from the Quake era.

That message wasn't updated for a long time but still gives sth to think about...

Reply 21 of 23, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DOSBox definitely approaches Pentium II performance on my Core 2 Duo laptop, though. I haven't tested it on my Core i7 desktop yet, although I might want to hold off until ATI/AMD releases Catalyst 10.4 because apparently it will introduce better 2D acceleration for my Radeon HD 5870.

Reply 22 of 23, by bk1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, I don't want you to paste the entire readme I want you to stop being a smart ass about everything and help me if you want to.

You are obviously the Dosbox god and I worship your abilities.

Unfortunately, you are also an ass and choose to spend more time being an ass than trying to help.

Once again, I don't need smart ass comments or your help if you don't feel like it.

I will stop trying to make Dosbox work and look to VMWare etc.

Thank you robertmo for absolutely nothing.

Reply 23 of 23, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DOSBox itself isn't very processor intensive but the programs run inside can be.

Processor intensive programs can require alot of processing power. Depending on the type of processor you have then these programs may be too much for your processor to run efficiently using DOSBox.

If you run a DOS program in Vmware/Virtualpc/Virtualbox then you may or may not get better performance than DOSBox depending on the optimizations those emulators use for their dynarec engine.

DOSBox itself is also not a good solution if you have a ton of files to search through since that is not the purpose it is intended for.

In any case the solution to your problem has already been stated so there is no point in further discussion.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline