Common searches

First post, by eftekhary_h

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello
I run my program and give me one error about himem.sys
I set XMS and EMS to true but don't solve my problem
how can I use himem.sys and emm386.exe in DOSBOx ?
or how can I solve this problem ?
thank you
Best Regard

Reply 3 of 22, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

what program?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 10 of 22, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
eftekhary_h wrote:

thank you
plese hint me I don't have msdos622.img

DOSBox can be used in 2 slightly different ways:

1. Run DOSBox normally, without a real operating system (e.g. a real MS-DOS) and let DOSBox emulate the operating system.
  2. Run DOSBox with a real operating system like MS-DOS or FreeDOS. Then DOSBox only emulates the hardware (disk, screen, keyboard) and not the operating system.

So far, you have used option 1. It could be that your report application uses something in the operating system that DOSBox does not know how to emulate, or emulates incorrectly, and you get the error about HIMEM.

Running DOSBox with a real operating system (option 2) means that you have to give DOSBox access to a copy of the operating system. You can do that if you can create a so called image file of an MS-DOS 6.22 diskette. This is the msdos62.img file. Or you can create an image file of FreeDOS.

Once you have the image file, you can use the imgmount and boot commands to start DOSBox with the real operating system. And then maybe the error will go away.

But we can not create such an image file for you. You have to do that yourself.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 11 of 22, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
eftekhary_h wrote:

Program is reporter application

Is that the full name? Which company has made this program?

Reply 12 of 22, by eftekhary_h

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello MiniMax
Thank you from your hint ,Reporter Application is writeen by my Company,I want to create msdos622.img and used into dosbox and I wish don't give error for excute program
Best Regard

Reply 16 of 22, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

a IMG of free dos comes with Ahead Nero Burning Software.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 17 of 22, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

If the error is caused by a problem with the way DOSBox emulates MS-DOS, then using a real operating system (with the imgmount and the boot command) might solve the problem.

You said in your first post that my program is one dos application and run into dos fine. So maybe if you run/boot real DOS in DOSBox, then the problem will disappear?

Reply 18 of 22, by eftekhary_h

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I successed to make msdos622.img and copy to c:\images but when run dosbox and mount c to c:\images and type " boot msdos622.img " system give me "non_system disk or disk error" message whenas I put msdos disket in flopy drive then I typed " imgmount d c:\msdos622.img -t floppy"
and "d:" and typed " boot msdos622.img " then system give me "cannot open msdos622.img" message
please hint me for load msdos in dosbox ,
I wrote in config.sys file in disket bootable
"DEVICE=A:\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=A:\EMM386.EXE RAM
buffers=30,0
files=127
DOS=UMB
FCBS=4,0
DOS=HIGH"
is it true ?

Reply 19 of 22, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

"non_system disk or disk error"

...means that the disk is not bootable or system files are missing.
How exactly did you create it? Can you verify that the original floppy
is bootable?