VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ~~MAINFRAIME²~~

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe someone remembers this OneClick DosBox FrontEND with 7-Zip support >> 7Dox

I have now rewritten almost everything and have a new great looking program where you can manage all your dos games
and the best you can use 7-Zip 😁

You can now manage all your games with it but also OneClick startup is possible.

Here are some pics
01-Main_thumb.png
02-Settings_01_General_thumb.png02-Settings_02_GamesPreView_thumb.png02-Settings_03_Directories_thumb.png
02-Settings_04_GameCache_thumb.png03-Wizard_01_SelectType_thumb.png03-Wizard_02_GameSettings_thumb.png
03-Wizard_03_GameInfo_thumb.png03-Wizard_04_AddInfo_thumb.png03-Wizard_05_Save_thumb.png

Now what do you say awesome isn't it?

I have setup a phpBB for my projects at ->http://mainfraime.atwebpages.com/

Reply 1 of 3, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the info, Mainfraime! The app looks quite interesting, will try it later (not enough time now).

A few quick questions:
- How does the app handle saves? If i correctly understand the way the app works, the game archives are extracted "on the fly" to play the game. But what if the contents of that "temporary directory" changes?

- Is the app able to create batchfiles for launching the games? That would be most useful for including the games in other frontends, like GameEx, MaLa, etc.

- How is the extended game information and the game config stored (Flatfile/XML/DB)?

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I like the left-hand tree navigation.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 3, by ~~MAINFRAIME²~~

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

- How does the app handle saves? If i correctly understand the way the app works, the game archives are extracted "on the fly" to play the game. But what if the contents of that "temporary directory" changes?

After the game was extracted the filesdates of all files will be checked and when dosbox closes the files will be cheked again and all files with different filedate will be packed in a seperate archive.

- Is the app able to create batchfiles for launching the games? That would be most useful for including the games in other frontends, like GameEx, MaLa, etc.

I don't know exactly how you mean this but it won't create batch files,
you have to prepare the game archives by yourself.

- How is the extended game information and the game config stored (Flatfile/XML/DB)?

For infos like title, genre, year and so on i use a normal ini file,
and for the pics, txt files i use a 7-zip file that will be stored in the ini file and this 7-Zip file will only be loaded if needed.