VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kristoffer7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a Windows Vista and need help setting up. Is there anyone who knows how to do it step by step? I've downloaded the Emulator and am up to the blue and black screens. I'm up to the Mount C part, but I don't know what to type or how to put my winzip file in the C drive.

Please help me. Thanks!

Kristoffer7

Reply 1 of 2, by simonecuttlefish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dosbox "pretends" a directory on your computer is an actual disk drive. To tell Dosbox what directory(folder) to use type this in the dosbox window.

mount "drive letter you want dosbox to see" "path to folder you want dosbox to use"

eg
mount c c:\games
When you type c: and press enter, the contents of the c:\games folder on your REAL computer, will appear if you then type dir (directory listing in dosbox)

You can mount lots of "fake" drives this way, like
mount e g:\dos-stuff
mount f c:\games\shadows
etc Did this help? You really need to have a basic understanding of DOS to work stuff out. there are tips and guides here -> DOSBox Guides

Reply 2 of 2, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Plus the games / programs won't work unless you decompress the WinZip files first, and place them on folders with less than 8 characters, no spaces not accents, thank you.

But really, if you have never used DOS you'd better grab a frontend, such as DBGL, and create individual profiles per program.