VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mirrorshades

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't have full details about what may have changed on my system, other than something may have changed "recently". DOSBox was working Okay a month or so ago, but suddenly it's not.

Problem seems to be that the Alt-Enter for full screen display (and also, trying to use any larger scalers than the normal 2x) doesn't work. The display takes up the full screen, but the actual size of the game window is unchanged... it's just centered surrounded by thick black borders to make up the difference in size.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing something like this to happen? It seems to be isolated to one particular computer; I can run a number of DOSBox versions on this computer, and they all act the same. Likewise, I can run the same version (literally the same EXE with the same CONF file on a flash drive) on another computer and the full screen and scalers are working fine.

Help?

Reply 1 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Check your graphics drivers. Check that dxdiag gives you a clean report. Check that hardware acceleration is on (or off, or somewhere in between). Try changing it.

Try changing output methods in DOSBox.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 2, by mirrorshades

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok... looks like the output method may have done it. Was originally set to surface, changing to ddraw seems to have done the trick. Can't figure why it would have been working OK, though, then all of a sudden change.

All the other stuff (drivers, dxdiag, acceleration) was set okay.

Thanks for the recommendations, I don't know enough about DOSBox to know what the various "output methods" do or mean, but it's working so that'll make me happy a bit. :)