VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kajojek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First, I want to say hello to all of you as I'm new.
Today I wanted to play old game called Death Rally so I downloaded DOSBox. I got the game running without a problem and then learned about [autoexec] feature which would fire me from the job of typing all the commands each time I open the game. I typed in everything correctly like this

mount C D:\Karol\oldgames
C:
cd Death
DEATH>RALLY.EXE

into the confg. file. However when I press enter I get this error.

Exit to error: CPU:GRP5:Illegal 7

What should I do to get rid of this?[/code]

Reply 1 of 8, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

DEATH>RALLY.EXE

I think you got part of the DOS prompt in there or something; should just be RALLY.EXE

Another thing: I believe Death Rally is a CD-ROM game, and you'll need a mount for the CD or image.

Reply 2 of 8, by Kajojek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just typed RALLY.EXE and still the same problem. And about the cd-rom... umm... amm I downloaded the full version. 🤐

EDIT: Wow, now it doesn't work even if I type all the commands manually. The same error again.

Reply 3 of 8, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Basic thing to try is changing core and cycles. Death Rally is a protected mode game (PMode extender) that has hefty CPU requirements; I run it with core=dynamic, cycles=max.

BTW, this forum takes a dim view of "downloaded" copies of games, if for nothing else than they often are the cause of problems.

Reply 4 of 8, by Kajojek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm sorry for posting and saying the game is downloaded. I couldn't wait few days for it being shipped to me as I was too excited to have a possibility to play a game from my childhood. I won't ask for help next time if I have a illegal game.

Ok after changing the cycles and core I'm no longer getting the error. However the game doesnt start. http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dosboxyi2.jpg <-- I get this thing.

Reply 5 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

How big is that RALLY.EXE ?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

you managed to corrupt your executable