VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by presto

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I have a rather basic question. I have DOSBox on OS X Leopard, and I tried saving a screenshot but can't find the file of the screenshot anywhere. The FAQ says that the file goes to the capture folder--which I can't locate. Where the heck should I look?

Reply 4 of 8, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The current line in the "DOSBox Preferences" file in the OSX distribution reads

captures=/tmp

but I can't find that folder, so DOSBox can't find it and won't create a capture.
Maybe the line must be called ~/yourfoldernamehere, while "yourfoldernamehere" islocated in your home directory.

On the other hand, maybe the folder where the captures has been saved, the "/tmp", is invisible, so you've to make it visible to see your pictures.

Klimawandel.

Reply 5 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Any OS, including Mac OSX, that has the slightest connection to Unix will have a /tmp directory.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 8, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Snover wrote:

Open a Finder window, hit Cmd+G, Enter "/tmp" into the prompt.

You mean Shift-Cmd-G, this will open a dialog "Open the following folder:" with pre-defined "/etc".

Yeah, I found the folder.

P.S.: If no captures path is given, the default captures folder is called "capture", placed in your home directory. The "capture" folder doesn't exist until you create it manually.

Klimawandel.