Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
skatz wrote:
Should I translate it or not? […]
Show full quote
[LanguageFileInfo]
LocalLanguageName=English
(Name of the language not in English like "Deutsch" instead of "German"; but use only characters available in all charsets)

Should I translate it or not?

Yes, you should translate it, preferably to the name of your language, for example translate it to "ukrain". At runtime the frontend will determine some things depending on current language, I think.

Klimawandel.

Reply 221 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A liitle bug:
In profile editor button for main prog file selection is invisible. While editing existing profile only. On profile creation all is OK. Scumm related staff, think.

Reply 222 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I am translating to french (but it takes time).

By the way, I noticed some typos in the english translation. Maybe you could check it again.

Thank you for your work on this new version. 😀

Chris

Reply 223 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,

first of all sorry for the late answer but I have very little time at the moment.

skatz wrote:
This is an auto text from temporary DOSBox config. And SCUMM config has 'DOSBox' text. […]
Show full quote
# This ScummVM configuration file was automatically created by D-Fend Reloaded.

This is an auto text from temporary DOSBox config. And SCUMM config has 'DOSBox' text.

Just fixed.

skatz wrote:

BTW, why do you call scummvm inis 'configuration file' in 'Run' menu and 'ini file' in 'Profile'?

I don't know. I think before the next release (meaing 0.5.0, not 0.4.0 anymore) we should make a longer beta phase to catch things like this.

skatz wrote:

Finalization.SaveTitle is mapped to some 'Network' string and become rewritten after dfend launching.

Fixed, too. Please write something like

Finalization.SaveTitle=Save finalization batch file

(... only in Russian).

Greetings
Alexander

Reply 224 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

About

[LanguageFileInfo]
LocalLanguageName=English
(Name of the language not in English like "Deutsch" instead of "German"; but use only characters available in all charsets)

Hmm, I haven't thought about the charset problem that much until now. It seems there will always something being displayed wrong. I would suggest this:
Use for the local name a string in your charset. A person not interessted in the Russian translation will read "Russian" and will ignore it and a person who wants to use the Russian translation but don't know "Russian" is the English word for Russian will see the right translation because he will probably use a Russian Windows version with Russian charset.

But this is only a suggestion. When I started working on my little frontend I never thought of having such problems one time...

Reply 225 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just one question, about the new "finalization" option. I can't think of any DOS game in my collection that could benefit of it, what programs had you in mind when you added this feature?

Reply 226 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
skatz wrote:

In profile editor button for main prog file selection is invisible. While editing existing profile only. On profile creation all is OK. Scumm related staff, think.

I can't confirm this. Can you please tell me a little bit more. You are using the modern-style profile editor, opening an existing DOSBox profile and the button on the right side of the "Program file" edit field is invisible ?

There should be normally only one situation when this button can become invisible: If you choose "File path is relative to the DOSBox directory structure" (for example inside a mounted image file). In this situation having a file select button (to select a file in the real file system) would make no sense.

Reply 227 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Neville wrote:

Just one question, about the new "finalization" option. I can't think of any DOS game in my collection that could benefit of it, what programs had you in mind when you added this feature?

To be honest, I haven't had any specific game in mind when adding this option ... I have seen it at some other frontend and thought it would be a good idea for D-Fend Reloaded, too.

I think if I want to make the best Windows based DOSBox frondend, I not only need nice features nobody else has but also should have all features of all other frondends.

Reply 228 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Now I'm intrigued... the only reason one could want such a feature is to reset any changes made by the game such as a different keymap or those games that let you stuck in DOS with a different video mode. But then, exiting DOSbox after game execution just resets everything you can think of.

Reply 229 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

One could also thing of extracting a zip file before starting the game and then when the game quits repacking file to the zip file. But maybe the next major release past 0.4.0 will have some own and real (not only using PhysFS) zip support. But "maybe", not for sure.

Reply 230 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,Neville!
Finalization may be useful in sutuation like this:
1)You have a game with only single savegame slot. Then after exiting game you may bakup your savefile to different location (e.g. using date/time info in backup filename), so you may restore it later. And in initialization (autoexec) you may provide some way to choose backup and copy it back.

2)Game that run from batch file, running consequently intro, game, outro. You may specify game file and use its checksum in profile and running intro in autoexec and outro in finalization. In some games batch file may be changed by setup program, hence using its checksum has no reason.

Reply 232 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
About invisible selection button - you are right.

Some more bugs(?):
1.Templates list. When I select 'Delete' from menu, this action always trys to delete current auto setup template, even when 'templates' tab is opened.

2.Wizard. Info buttons near comboboxes on templates page always show german texts not using translation.

3. Wizard. When program files does not exists checksum compatible autosetup template list show all templates without checksum and name compatible list shows nothing (even if there are matches).

ADDED:
4. Profile editor, autoexec.bat. 'Delete' button does nothing for autoexec.

5. Runing ScummVM game from desktop shortcut doesn'y work.

6. RestoreDeletedProfiles. Listed, but no restored.

7. DragDropError Window. All texts (title and messages) do not fit their area.

And one question: explain please what is 'Default wizard template' (wizard, templates page). When I try to use it, it produces something different from any template I have.

Last edited by skatz on 2008-04-24, 23:23. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 234 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Unrelated to this last discussion, I've been doing some typo hunting and found a typo in the English LANG file, as well as in Alexander's website: Unofficial / intermediate DOSBox versions are called CVS, not CSV.

Reply 235 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,

I have fixed bugs 1 to 5. I will look at 6 and 7 today.

The "Default wizard template" is a buildin, not visible at any list, template which can only be customized by the settings below the checkbox. The idea is that a new user may damage all normal templates (settings some things to values most games don't like - a simple "exit" in the autoexec section would do) but this buildin template should always be ok. An experienced user could of course use his own templates for different game types instead of the buildin template if he wants to.

CSV spell mistake: Seems I have written "... |*.csv|..." too often at work the last weeks.... I have fixed the bugs on the homepage and my own language files. Additionally I will silently replace the names of the keys containing "CSV" by corrected key names in all language files (and of course have already changed the program code).

Reply 236 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
I hope I've finished russian translation. We'll see if there wil be necessary to add cahanges.

BTW, in 'Program settings' dialog, 'Profile editor/Default values/Category' combobox has some too wide lines (in russian). And there is no place to significantly extend it. And no one knows what category you may add in future. So I propose solution: add hint/tooltip to combo for wide texts and extend dropdown list to match list width.
See the supplied code:

uses Messages;
function GetTextSize( const hfnt: HFONT; var str: String ):SIZE;
var
hdc0: HDC;
hfnt_saved: HFONT;
txt_size : SIZE;
begin
hdc0 := GetDC(0);
hfnt_saved := SelectObject(hdc0,hfnt);
txt_size.cx:=0;
txt_size.cy:=0;
GetTextExtentPoint32( hdc0 , PChar(str), Length(str), txt_size );
SelectObject(hdc0,hfnt_saved);
ReleaseDC(0,hdc0);
Result:=txt_size;
end;

procedure SetComboHint(Combo: TComboBox);
var
str: String;
VisWidth: Integer;
begin
if Combo.ItemIndex>=0 then str:=Combo.Items[Combo.ItemIndex]
else str:=Combo.Text;
VisWidth:=Combo.Width-4;
if Combo.Style<>csSimple then VisWidth:=VisWidth-GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXHSCROLL);
if GetTextSize(Combo.Font.Handle, str).cx+2<=VisWidth then str:='';
Combo.Hint:=str;
Combo.ShowHint:=str<>'';
end;

procedure SetComboDropDownDropDownWidth(Combo: TComboBox);
var
DroppedWidth: Integer;
ScreenRight: Integer;
pnt: TPoint;
rect_size : SIZE;
item_str : String;
hdc0 :HDC;
hfnt : HFONT;
i : Integer;
cur_width : Integer;
begin
rect_size.cx:=0;
rect_size.cy:=0;
DroppedWidth := 0;
hdc0 := GetDC(0);
hfnt := SelectObject(hdc0,Combo.Font.Handle);
for i:=0 to Combo.Items.Count-1 do
begin
item_str := Combo.Items[i];
GetTextExtentPoint32( hdc0 , PChar(item_str), Length(item_str), rect_size );
cur_width := rect_size.cx+8;
if cur_width > DroppedWidth then DroppedWidth := cur_width;
end;
SelectObject(hdc0,hfnt);
ReleaseDC(0,hdc0);

if Combo.Items.Count>Combo.DropDownCount then
DroppedWidth := DroppedWidth + GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXVSCROLL);
Show last 13 lines
    pnt.x:=0;
pnt.y:=0;
pnt := Combo.ClientToScreen(pnt);
ScreenRight := Screen.DesktopLeft+Screen.DesktopWidth;
if pnt.x+DroppedWidth>ScreenRight then
begin
if ScreenRight - pnt.x > Combo.Width then
DroppedWidth := ScreenRight - pnt.x
else
DroppedWidth := Combo.Width;
end;
SendMessage( Combo.Handle, CB_SETDROPPEDWIDTH, DroppedWidth, 0 );
end;

Use SetComboDropDownDropDownWidth in OnDropDown cmbobox event and SetComboHint in OnChanged (and maybe after filling itemlist).

Attachments

• Filename
    dfr_rus400.zip
    File size
    20.38 KiB
    Downloads
    461 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 237 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,

thank you for your translation. I have just added it to my D-Fend Reloaded development files. I have also fixed the last remaining bugs (bugs 6 and 7 from your list), corrected some other little things and added your show hint and dropdown box width changer to the default value dropdown box.

So we are getting closer and closer to the final version of 0.4.0.

And I have already started working on some little things for 0.5.0: Setup options for the Wine support, "Restore program window when DOSBox is closed", "Use short path names for mount commands". New functions "Check for missing files", "Show operation mode", add comment when creating a shortcut and option to create plain HD-images. (For some reason normal HD images created by mkdosfx.exe cannot made bootable.) But I haven't started working on the big things yet (zip support, multi DOSBox version support).

Reply 238 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some little status update:

D-Fend Reloaded 0.3.2

Just yesterday Sourceforge reported D-Fend Reloaded to be downloaded over 50,000 times. More than half of this downloads are downloads of the current version 0.3.2.

D-Fend Reloaded 0.4.0

Version 0.4.0 is absolutely ready and I'm only waiting for the french translation to release it. I have also already updated the html files for the homepage to make the release process even quicker as soon as I have the last files.

D-Fend Reloaded 0.5.0

As mentioned before, I have started working on the first 0.5.0 features some weeks ago. Until now about 75% of the zip support is already there. My internal development version can already unpack zip files, use them as DOSBox drives, wait for DOSBox to quit and then repack the zip file (supported formats: zip and 7z). But some warning meassages and the code for handling zip files when transfering, uninstalling and building installer packages is not there yet.

The other big thing in version 0.5.0 will be some improved support for multiple DOSBox versions. But I haven't started working on this feature yet. Other thing for version 0.5.0 already completed:

• You will be able to specify a custom link name and a link comment in the create shortcut dialog.
  • Setup dialog options to configurate D-Fend Reloaded to run in a Wine environment.
  • The disk image creator will be able to (optional) create plain, unformated images now. (Because the images created by mkdosfs.exe cannot made bootable for some reasons.)
  • The profile list can be checked for missing files and directories.

Reply 239 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

At last, the french translastion is here! 😀

Sorry for the delay, I had work to do on other programs.

I joined the file containing the translations for the version 0.4.0 beta 2,
with french translation updated (installer + program).

I hope there will be no much modification between the beta 2 and the final version, in the translation field.
Good luck to you, Alexander! 😉

Bye

Attachments

• Filename
    LanguageData_0.4.0_beta_2_FRENCH.zip
    File size
    120.25 KiB
    Downloads
    283 downloads
    File comment
    0.4.0 beta French translation
    File license