D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 240 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi curieux,

thank you for your translation. No, there are no new strings from Beta 2 since now.

At the moment I'm just preparing the release of D-Fend Reloaded 0.4.0.

Reply 241 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

I have just uploaded D-Fend Reloaded 0.4.0 to Sourceforge. You can find the current version as usual here:

http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/Download.html

I think I don't need to list all the features here again because most of them has already been discussed here and were listed on the beta download page. Anyway you can find a complete list of all new features and fixed bugs in the changelog:

http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/ChangeLog.html

Have fun with the new version !

Reply 242 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm having an issue with latest version, although until confirmation from other users it may be just my system: everytime I try to watch any of the captures from older profiles (haven't tried with newly created captures yet), I get an error message.

dfrv040hq1.th.png

This didn't happen with the previous betas. I've tried installing the new DFR twice, the first time using the automatic update feature and the second by doing a full install in the same folder, where I had previously erased everything but the profiles and captures folder.

Quick update: Just overwrote v0.4.0 with beta 2 and everything is working again. Therefore, there must be something different with v0.4.0 which causes the error:

dfrv040jx8.th.png

Reply 243 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Neville,

saidly I must say, I can confirm this problem. It is due to the new "cylcle through screenshots without closing the dialog" function. If you click on a screenshot where is only one screenshot in the profile, the dialog opens without an error. In my 0.5.0 development build everything works fine so I must have made something wrong when re-porting this feature to the 0.4.0 branch. (Originally I wanted to introduce this feature in 0.5.0 but because of the long waiting time for 0.4.0 I decided to add it to the 0.4.0 code.)

I thing I will wait for more bug reports about a week and than make a 0.4.1 release without any new features (and of course this means without any need to translate anything new.)

Reply 244 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!

1.When I run game from desktop shortcut (created by DFR) i get messagevbox
"Eigenschaft Visible kann in OnShow oder OnHide nicht verandert werden."

2.In templates list when default template is selected menu item 'Delete' is enabled. Wnen choosed it produces confirmation message box and does nothing (and it's good).

2.If I run game in fullscreen resolution less than desktop and DFR autohides to tray, after quitting game and restoring DFR its window restores in lower position.

Reply 245 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz !

skatz wrote:

1.When I run game from desktop shortcut (created by DFR) i get messagevbox

I think I have tryed all different settings but I can't confirm this bug. Can you tell me which settings do you use ? (Start window size, minimize type, etc.)

skatz wrote:

2.In templates list when default template is selected menu item 'Delete' is enabled. Wnen choosed it produces confirmation message box and does nothing (and it's good).

Will be corrected in 0.4.1. As you already mentioned, clicking the delete menu item on the default template is doing nothing so it's no risk.

skatz wrote:

2.If I run game in fullscreen resolution less than desktop and DFR autohides to tray, after quitting game and restoring DFR its window restores in lower position.

This is a bit more complex. This is not a DFR bug, all application will behave in this way. Looks like Windows is messing up something when changing resolutions. But anyway I have a solution at least for some situations: If you have chosen "Minimize on DOSBox start" DFR will store its position and go back to this position and not pay attention to what Windows is saying.

Reply 246 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!

Alexander wrote:
skatz wrote:

I think I have tryed all different settings but I can't confirm this bug. Can you tell me which settings do you use ? (Start window size, minimize type, etc.)

I think I found it: try mimimize to tray AND minimize on DOXBox run.

Reply 247 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
skatz wrote:

I think I found it: try mimimize to tray AND minimize on DOXBox run.

Thank you, I can reproduce it now and have already fixed it.
I will still wait a few days for more bug reports and then make a 0.4.1 release.

Reply 249 of 2280, by elaeo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello. I have a problem with D-Fend Reload & Crusader no regret.

I have installed the game in virtualHD directory. Maybe this is the problem...
The game runs well but when i want to save, the game crash with an error and exit the program.
(Hailted file classic error)

Can anyone help me? Must i install the game in other directory?
Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I created manually a "savegame" subdirectory and problem is solutioned 😊

Reply 250 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz!

skatz wrote:

In frame SetupFrameDOSBoxExt checkbox MultiFloppyImageCheckBox has no anchors.

If you meen "no akRight anchor" with "has no anchors": This will be fixed in 0.4.1.

Reply 251 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I have just uploaded D-Fend Reloaded 0.4.1 to Sourceforge. This release is a bugfix-only release with no new features. You can find it as usual on the download page of the D-Fend Reloaded homepage.

Reply 252 of 2280, by BlueWizard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

this is a great front-end for dosbox!

I'm wondering if it could be possible to avoid to insert an initial absolute path from which all relative paths are calculated. I don't like the initial absolute path because if you, for example, want to make a CD from which you launch D-Fend reloaded and then all games are listed and ready to be launched, this can't work sometimes. Due to the fact that every user can have a different letter for the CD rom drive.

What I suggest is to use a relative paths calculated automatically from the current D-Fend reloaded folder (I suppose that you can fetch this path using an API or a method in delphi).

Hoping that you can solve this little inconvenient, I thank you for the attention. Regards

Reply 253 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi BlueWizard,

BlueWizard wrote:

What I suggest is to use a relative paths calculated automatically from the current D-Fend reloaded folder

If you run D-Fend Reloaded in portable operation mode, this is exactly what it's doing. The base folder is stored relatively in the DFend.ini file. When starting it makes a absolute path from this (where "." is the program folder). So in the setup dialog it will always show the absolute path. When closing it will make the path relative to the program folder again.

When running in portable mode, you can move the D-Fend Reloaded folder to any position and any drive and just start the program and it will find all its files.

To use D-Fend Reloaded in portable operation mode, you have to choose this mode in the installer or, when using a zip package, edit the DFend.dat file (see Readme_OperationMode.txt for more information).

Greetings
Alexander

Reply 255 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello there.

While I'm a happy user of the latest version, hence my lack of whining in the last weeks, I'd like to ask Alexander to tweak a couple of things in the included profiles and in the default profile settings.

fulldouble=true

I think it should be set to "false" by default. I own an NVIDIA card and "true" causes garbled graphics in fullscreen mode. It took me a while to narrow down the problem, and considering the ammount of NVIDIA cards out there that could experience the same issue...

autolock=false

Hadn't payed much attention to it before, but as seen in this other thread some games don't like that option set as "false", such as "Cannon Fodder". If "autolock=true" is fine with everybody, I think that's the way it should be put by default.

Also, if any other default DFR options are different than the ones set in the default dosbox.conf, I think they should stay faithful to it, in order to minimise troubleshooting.

Last edited by Neville on 2008-06-03, 20:27. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 257 of 2280, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well this one does. thereby introducing problems if people aren't aware of it.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 259 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Alright, just reinstalled the latest version of DFR. Unless I've screwed up again and my default template hasn't been overwritten by the one created by Alexander, that one DOES have several differences with the default settings in dosbox.conf:

1) Cycles is set to 3000 instead of auto.

2) Mem is set to 32 megs instead of 16.

3) Double buffering for fullscreen mode (option "fulldouble") is set as true.

4) Autolock is set to false instead of true.

As I said, I think Alexander should fix this, it could led the newbies (and me) to experience troubleshooting.

And meanwhile, we can fix it ourselves by editing the default template (Extras, Templates, default template and edit).