VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Pens86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

We should set a date and time to play online. I use blood one whole unit 1.21
I understand that there is no software available (under XP) to gather players for online play. So let's set a date and time right here.
Although I've begged Steam to add duke 3d, blood ect with online support; this might not happend in the first period of time. You can contact me on izzylunde@hotmail.com also.

Reply 1 of 4, by Sephiroth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the two-CD version of Blood that was initially released. It came as 1.00 and can only be patched to 1.11. If you have 1.21, you may have trouble finding many players because I have yet to see a patch beyond 1.11. In fact, I see nothing mentioning 1.21 on their site. Reference of all Blood patches linked below.

Blood Patches At Monolith

Oh and I doubt Steam/Valve will plop Duke Nukem 3D or any other DOS game online because DOS games generally don't work right in XP/Vista. They would have to sell the game and I don't believe they could package DOSBox with it for that reason, and it would take a lot of effort to port the games to Windows.

486 Launcher v2.0 is now under development!

Reply 2 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Sephiroth wrote:

I don't believe they could package DOSBox with it

They did for Doom

but yeah the ipxnet online play wouldn't be worth the hassle to get working and integrated into the steam client and server list (which displays their own goldsrc/source games anyway)

apsosig.png
long live PCem