VOGONS

First post, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wrote by Dominus on his "Windows 3.x installation guide": - When you mount a floppy drive to a:\ it doesn't show in the Windows file manager and in the "run" dialog you can't select it either. But you can enter the path (for example "a:\setup.exe") and it works ok. When you don't have anything mounted to a:\ the a:\ drive shows up in Windows 3.1x. Strange but true.

It just happened to me in Windows 3.11 FWG, and it's really weird. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 1 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

what is the problem ?
i mean it doesn't work. we know of it. There is a workaround provided. What is more ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 6, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

But you can enter the path (for example "a:\setup.exe") and it works ok.

DOS_Boy wrote:

It just happened to me in Windows 3.11 FWG, and it's really weird. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Not?

Klimawandel.

Reply 3 of 6, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

alright, i got the message. i'm sorry, i didn't mean to start a war in here just because of this issue. I was just curious, that's all, no need to throw rocks on me...

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 4 of 6, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh sorry, we're not at war yet. 😉

Klimawandel.

Reply 5 of 6, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War it is.
We're at war.
Now and for ever.
Or at least until the next posting or so.

Reply 6 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

The blue peacekeepers have arrived and terminated all hostilties