DRO2MIDI v1.4 released

Topic actions

First post, by Malvineous

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

For those of you here who use DRO2MIDI to convert your DOSBox captures into MIDI files, I have just released a new version with some new features. (I haven't yet implemented the new .dro format used in the CVS version of DOSBox, but I hope to have that in the next release.)

The new features are listed on the web page, but briefly, there are improvements in the conversion of percussion and hopefully I've fixed the long-standing issue of the occasional corrupted MIDI file being produced. There's also a "mute" option to allow you to silence particular instruments while you're working on a conversion, which anyone who's tried to convert a song before will know is a much needed addition!

I hope you find it useful!

Reply 1 of 4, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great!

First the Terminal claims "Can't be executed", but after dragging the make command (the one shipped with your download) into the Terminal and pressing the return key, it runs perfectly on my Mac.

😀

Klimawandel.

Reply 2 of 4, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

YAF; yet another format. I don't know what it is about file formats that everybody has to have one. mod redux.

Reply 3 of 4, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Yeah strange.

On topic: thanks for keeping this one up to date.

Reply 4 of 4, by Malvineous

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@IIGS_User: Yes, the binary included is for 64-bit Linux, but glad to hear it works well on the Mac!