VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Powzone

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yo!

I'm using DOSBox since 0.63. Well, for some time, if you prefer that. I got an external HDD with alot of emulator running and I always have the problem, that I have to set the drive letter to "J:", everytime I stick it onto another PC. No problem with that, but then I saw the portable version and thought, this might help.

The portable version is installed to "D:\PortableApps\DOSBoxPortable\".
In there is launcher called "DOSBoxPortable.exe".
This file manipulates the config files, so the drive letter can change without any problem.
The main probles is as follows:
I've put the command "mount C D:\PortableApps\DOSBoxPortable\App\DOSBox\BLOOD" into the config file and everything worked fine. (BTW it's Blood3D I want to run.)
I moved the installation to the desktop on my "C:" drive and ran the launcher. It didn't change the mounted path in the config file! Baaad thing...

So here's the question:

Is there a wildcard to use in the config file like "*\BLOOD" or something?
OR
Is there a way to put the games path into the standard DOSBox installation directory and use that with a wildcard?

If tried different ones and the only one that worked was "mount C \.", but that just mounted my real "C:" drive.

I already searched in the Wiki, but didn't find anything regarding to wildcards for mounting.

THX in advance!!

Reply 1 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DOSBox itself has always been "portable" you just need to configure your .conf's correctly.

If DOSBox is at the root of a folder and you do a "mount c .\DOSGAMES" (DOSGAMES folder must be there)

Then the DOSGAMES folder will be your virtual C.

I think DBGL has been "portable" for quite some time as well.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline