VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by KiwiStalk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello helpful DosBox wizards out there! I have a pecular issue. I fire up DosBox, set it up, it runs GREAT on my system, until I enable CD music. The game freezes and I have to kill dosbox.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and am mounting the CD image of Shadow Warrior using MagicISO into a virtual drive. I'm able to mount the drve in dosbox ok using any mounting setting, and "dir" the drive from the shell, but I noticed, as soon as I try to run a file from the mounted CD, Dosbox again freezes.

Is there something I'm missing? Perhaps Windows 7 + Dosbox + Virtual Drives = Death?

I can upload my config file if you wizards desire, but the only non-normal setting I have is 31 mb ram enabled since Shadow Warrior needs 30 anyway...

Reply 1 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Make sure the cdrom image is a bin/cue image.
Mount it with Daemon Tools\Magic ISO
Verify that Media Player sees the CD tracks and can play them
Unmount the image
mount the image in DOSBox with imgmount

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 2, by marzsyndrome

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you still encounter problems, and you're generally not one to care exactly how the CD audio is implemented, you could try 3D Realms' CDDA OGG addon, which they released to accompany their SW registered download earlier this year. Just open up its dosbox.conf, copy the new commands in the [autoexec] section into your own config (or just use theirs if you so desire), and that should work.