VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by himmlerhimself

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was wondering if DoxBox .74 supports duo core processors or not. I am running the game "Blood" and have had a lot of issues with the framerate being slow, sometimes even getting down to 1 or 2 per second. I am curious to know whether or my duo core is supported or not by DB .74 because some people have told me that it is not and that it is a big part of the problem I am having. Also, when I check the task manager and look at how much of my CPU DB is using, it is usually around 45-48%. Is there any way I can get it up to maybe 80% manually?

Reply 3 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There is no "duo core" only "core duo".

Is it supported? Yes.

Is your processor fast enough for Blood? Probably not. (Mabye at 320x resolutions it might be).

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 5, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And maybe get a new username.

I thought I'm the only one noticing this. I can only hope the opriginal poster's rl surename is "Himmler". If that's not the case then the nick is stupid and tasteless.

Reply 5 of 5, by Kisai

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
himmlerhimself wrote:

I was wondering if DoxBox .74 supports duo core processors or not. I am running the game "Blood" and have had a lot of issues with the framerate being slow, sometimes even getting down to 1 or 2 per second. I am curious to know whether or my duo core is supported or not by DB .74 because some people have told me that it is not and that it is a big part of the problem I am having. Also, when I check the task manager and look at how much of my CPU DB is using, it is usually around 45-48%. Is there any way I can get it up to maybe 80% manually?

I have a quadcore and dosbox uses 25%, max unless capture is turned on, then I might get it to 38% (See multi-threaded capture patch.) The average game barely uses more than 5%.

There is no way to make a game multi-threaded that wasn't originally designed as such, which is all dos games (unless you count emulating 3rd party peripherals like the sound cards and 3D accelerators.)