VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 26, by gypsysnail

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Mmm I did that last night... and I think I made some errors... so I need to get back to it again.... I had made a folder in the main C drive, called dosgames... and put a Kings Quest 1 set of files in its folder in the dosgames folder and was pointing to it in the shortcut I had made up and yes part of the short cut required me to also point to the dosbox.exe file too..... so I had done that too... that was the first " " then a space then the pointing to the config file and the actual exe file of the game in its folder from where it was located on the C drive.... did I do something right? The one thing I put at the end in the config file I made up for the KQ1 exe file was an "exit" and in the short cut too... I know it sounds very confusing... maybe some light can be shed?

Oh one other thing - I tried to download dfend reloaded and it wont, it takes me to an error page instead of a download page... whats happened?

Reply 21 of 26, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The process sounds right, but I don't know about the syntax as I use D-Fend reloaded for exactly that reason.

On another note, ScummVM works with Sierra games now! Give it a try, it works very well.

Another reason to use D-Fend reloaded is that it's easier to configure the machine. E.g. Kings Quest I sounds better when the machine is set to Tandy (3 voice sound instead of 1). Still the Apple II version tops all of them 😜

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 22 of 26, by gypsysnail

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes I ve used ScummVM ages ago, might give it a try again. Also about dfend reloaded.... why cant I download it? It doesnt work, all it does is take me to an error page when I click download it from a link that was given here only a week or two ago... maybe you can shed some light on whats happened to the link? Where else could I download it? I have been using dosshell frontend - not too bad but I'm eager to try other frontends. I had been using dbfrontend as well and that one stopped working.

Reply 23 of 26, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try this link: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/dfendreloade … 1.0.3-Setup.exe

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 25 of 26, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Seriously...
Make a link to dosbox on your desktop, then edit it with the command line settings described in the readme, for example pointing to another config and in there edit the autoexec section to do everything. That's all there is to the magic...
You make it sound like witchcraft, when all it takes is three minutes...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 26 of 26, by gypsysnail

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you Dominius. But I already said the read me is hard to understand its not detailed enough! YES its like witchcraft to me cos its NEW to me! I am not a programmer or logical like you are. This forum is for us to learn from each other. It may be easy to u but its HARD to me!! It wont take me 3 minutes I'm afraid!