VOGONS

First post, by Necroscope86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi All,

May I just start out by saying I really have searched alot trying to find the correct answer to this, and have got a whole different range of them.

I am trying to run Dosbox in 1280x720 Windowed resolution. I have tryed various combinations of scaler/output/forced etc, all to no avail. The closest I have got is 1280x800 with HQx3 and DDRAW. This was the only resolution that seemed to work. Otherwise, if I set it to say, 1280x720, with DDRAW it could only manage 1152x720. I am using Dbox 0.73

The reason I am trying this is because I record games for the old youtubes, and I like to record in a decent resolution ie HD quality.

Is there anyway to get the windowed resolution in 1280x720?
I really am stumped with this (I hope this is in the right place, as its not for a specific game, its for everything I use Dosbox for).

Kind regards,

Rich

Reply 1 of 1, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looks like the answer is - no.
All old games are developed with 4:3 aspect in mind. Because there were no others aspects in those days.
About 8:5 (16:10) aspect in dosbox - 320x200 video mode is the cause of this. Pixels are non-square on real CRT in this mode. So, if aspect correction is off - we have 8:5 video output this mode only. But the picture is horizontally stretched and non-authentic.