VOGONS

Mouse doesnt feel right

Topic actions

First post, by Undefined

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

Im having some issues with my mouse in DosBox. The mouse movement is DosBox is not the same as my PC, the mouse moves "sluggishly", it just does not feel right. It is really akward and also hard to play games like this!

What settings should i change to get mouse movement right?

Thanks!

Reply 2 of 29, by Undefined

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I dont even have SetPoint

Reply 3 of 29, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

increase the sensitivity setting the dosbox options

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 29, by Undefined

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Its not the sensitivity i have problem with, its the precision and mouse movement. For example it moves up and down slower than left or right. Only game that works with mouse so far is Settlers 2, when i play that game it says "PS2 Mouse Detected" and i have no problem playing that game whatsoever. But other games that require mouse movement, i just cant play them, its impossible.

Reply 5 of 29, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ive had similar problems (as mentioned in other message posts of mine here in the forums), albeit with the left/right axis.

My fix was to simply run the old CTMOUSE driver before running the problematic games in question, fixed it perfectly (feels just like when I used to run the games in native DOS) 😀

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 6 of 29, by Undefined

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can you point out for me where i can get this CTMouse driver?

Reply 7 of 29, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Google

Edit:yes its kind of rude but googling and downloadibg takes less time than writing this here...

Reply 8 of 29, by Undefined

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, it is rude.

Now only question is how do i use it, i have Win7 x64 and it wont run. And please Dominus, dont answer that.

Reply 9 of 29, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Actually it's not rude since it hopefully educates people who ask stupid questions that are as simple found as typing the keyword in google,
OR DON'T READ THE FREAKING CUTEMOUSE README.

Reply 10 of 29, by Undefined

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well there are no stupid questions, there are only stupid people and that is me. You guys cant just EXPECT that every person that uses computer is really good at it and understands everything they are doing. I hate to ask questions in forums for this same reason: people just do not help me, they just tell me to use google, but then what is the point of forums then?

Help me or just stay quiet, thanks!

Btw here is the readme that came with CTMouse: http://www.upload.ee/files/1419902/ctmouse.txt.html

wd if you are so smart then maby you can explain to me how it works because this readme made no sense to me.

Reply 11 of 29, by jomalin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Undefined, your mouse problem is only in certain games or ALL the games?

Reply 12 of 29, by Undefined

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Only game that doesnt have this mouse problem so far is Settlers II Gold Edition.

Reply 13 of 29, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Help me or just stay quiet, thanks!

quiet it is then.

Reply 14 of 29, by Zorbid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You must run ctmouse inside DOSBox, before launching the game (you can add it in the autoexec section of the config file (dosbox.conf)

Reply 15 of 29, by Undefined

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

[autoexec]
MOUNT C C:\CTMouse\cutemouse21b4\bin\ctm-en.exe

I wrote this but it says that it doesn't exist.

Reply 16 of 29, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

copy ctm-en.exe in your game directory and run it before your game...
the mount command just mounts a directory to use as C:\ , it is not made for running programs

-or- use this to mount your cutemouse as d:\ and run it:

[autoexec]
MOUNT D C:\CTMouse\cutemouse21b4\bin\
d:\ctm-en.exe

and mount C as your game directory or something... not a good solution but it will work

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 17 of 29, by Undefined

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, i got CTMouse working now but the mouse problem still exists, and i think i know why. Since my monitor is 19" some games have black borders on top and bottom or to the left. Since mouse doesn't move over the black borders it limits the mouse movement and because of it mouse moves so weird. Since Settlers II is the only game that runs on fullscreen it has perfect mouse movement. Using aspect=true fixes it playing other games but then there is a portion of the screen missing. So basically is there fix for this?

Reply 18 of 29, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

There shouldn't be a portion of the screen missing unless you made fullresolution bigger than your monitors resolution.

And I'm not sorry for my rudeness, no need to rewrite everything again and again, even on forums, when a quick search gives the same result. People too lazy to search are most of the times those that don't read documentation as well (qed) and need to be told to use a search engine. Judging from your comments it seems you are hard to educate, though....

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 19 of 29, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So basically is there fix for this?

Yes. It's called readme.txt and is located in your DOSBox directory. Honestly, all this fuss because of wrong aspect ratio!?

"What's a paladin?!"