VOGONS

First post, by DOSfan1994

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everyone as you probably know about a image mounting program called "Virtual clone drive 5440" for Windows 95 on DOSbox SVN, but I have a problem for myself it does not recognize the Mixed mode content even if it's a img/cdd to play cd audio. For those who are wondering what a CCD file is, it's a image file made for Virtual Clone drive to use Mixed mode as a heard from other forums from other sites, very similar to the BIN/CUE pair you have to place the IMG next to the CCD, the IMG carries the date and the CCD carries the audio tracks and it's called "Pregap data" I hear it from some who knows how to work Windows 95 on DOSbox by some named Kevin Hawkins who has a website on how to run Windows 95 on DOSbox, and he knows how to make his IMG/CCD images work.

http://dosbox95.darktraveler.com/index.html

Here's what I was trying to do,when I tried to install "Lenny's music toons, Star wars Shadows of the Empire and Sonic 3D blast" that I made IMG/CCD files of the original CDs I still have, and I copy it to my Windows 95 B second hard disk image (Just in case I need extra memory.) I mount it with VCD I click on the image I want to mount (Ill use "Lenny's music toons" for example.), then I got to my E drive (Which is Virtual Clone drive.) I click on install and shows that I have midi and wave, then it gives me the error message "CD Audio test failed" but it has the CD tracks in the CCD file I tried like CD player but it didn't detect anything.

I tried every ISO making program I used to make a IMG/CCD image, UltraISO did not work, I tried Imgburn it didn't work, and I tried Clone CD which also didn't work.

So I don't know what I did wrong if any of you know how to make pregap IMG/CCD Mixed mode images that uses CD music and that worked on their Virtual Clone drive emulator on Windows 95 in DOSbox SVN (May 6 2013) (Which I use because it's more for Windows 95 because it's more compatible that way.) please respond to this fourm.

Thank you.

Reply 1 of 12, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Use Daemon Tools and always use CUE/BIN if the game doesn't have copy protection.

IIRC the CCD is similar to a CUE file but it's been years since I've bothered with clonecd. All image data is stored in the BIN/IMG file.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 12, by DOSfan1994

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

But if I use it with the USB supppletment or I use Nero image rom it freezes at the start up.

Reply 3 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't think anyone here has mentioned using Virtual Clone Drive before.

Are you using the most recent version of the SVN Daum build? Perhaps whatever is causing Windows to freeze has been fixed. Actually, the latest versions include CD-ROM emulation directly and and do not require a virtual CD drive at all.

Reply 5 of 12, by DOSfan1994

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well I see your suggestion but when I try to use it in the current version of SVN it gives me a the blue screen of death and the voodoo emulation is glitchy that's why I am using the May 6 2013 version.

Reply 6 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I didn't say the current SVN version; I said the most recent SVN Daum build. That dates back to January at this point.

Reply 7 of 12, by DOSfan1994

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You mean Jan. 27. 2014 ? I have that version but one problem I get alot off errors when I try to install Internet explorer 5.5 and also is their a way for Lenny's music toons to work that was made for 3.1 with the use of Windows 95 using backwards compatibility without freezing ?

Reply 8 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DOSfan1994 wrote:

I have that version but one problem I get alot off errors when I try to install Internet explorer 5.5

...So don't install Internet Explorer 5.5? (Why would you need to do that?)

and also is their a way for Lenny's music toons to work that was made for 3.1 with the use of Windows 95 using backwards compatibility without freezing ?

What? Either it was made for Windows 3.1 or it wasn't. And if it was made for Windows 3.1, then you should probably use Windows 3.1.

Reply 9 of 12, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Moved to Dosbox forum.

If the program is for Windows 3.x, use Windows 3.x. It runs very stable in Dosbox, Windows 9x does NOT.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 10 of 12, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:

I don't think anyone here has mentioned using Virtual Clone Drive before.

VCD doesn't support cuesheets or cd audio IIRC

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 11 of 12, by DOSfan1994

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well I don't under stand some games of what Windows 95 have the back wards compatibility to play games made for Windows operationg systems on DOS that use CD audio always freezes on me when I use Daemon or Nero image rom.

Reply 12 of 12, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Seems this thread is going nowhere fast.
Facts:
- Dosbox doesn't support Windows 95
- Dosbox runs Windows 3.x stable
- the program is a Windows 3.x program

Unless you want to go the other routes recommended here, I'm closing this thread.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper