VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by RocknRollTim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,

I was wondering whether anybody could tell me a driver that allows DOSBOX to read the Joliet filesystem on discs, I was advised by a member on the ImgBurn forum to contact you for support as I am having problems with getting an image file to work in DOSBOX, I created the image file using ImgBurn with ISO9660 Joliet, however after mounting the image file in DOSBOX and initiating dir on the image file of the virtual drive, it only displays the Readme file and nothing else. Please could somebody advise me as to what to do.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim

Reply 3 of 8, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The Joliet extension is not compatibile with DOS 5/6 MSCDEX and thus not supported with DOSBox's IMGMOUNT.

In your situation I would mount the image in Daemon Tools in Windows, so the Joliet filesystem will be read, and then MOUNT that virtual drive in DOSBox; but note that any long filenames or ones with embedded spaces will be seen by DOSBox with shortened names.

Reply 4 of 8, by RocknRollTim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi ripsaw8080,

I'll install Daemon Tools in Windows and MOUNT the virtual drive in DOSBox as advised. Thank you for your help and thank you for your explanation with regards to the Joliet extension compatibility with DOS 5/6 MSCDEX and DOSBox's IMGMOUNT, this has helped me a lot.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim

Reply 7 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
collector wrote:

Also no DOS/Win3x game will use long file names.

Some badly ported ones like The Town with No Name "will".

There's also a bunch of early MUGEN games that were incompetently designed with long filenames for a DOS-based engine, and possibly other similar Allegro games

apsosig.png
long live PCem