VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by guncrazy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi I'm playing Space Quest V and would like to use the general midi sound driver. I have an actual MT-32 but as this game was specifically made for GM I'd rather use that for this game. I set my midi device to Microsoft GS wavetable synth. Loaded up the game and it sounds fine I think....I suppose my question is am I getting general midi as it was intended for the game? Or is windows or my sound card substituting its own midi sounds for the game? Also am I correct to assume all modern soundcards come with the general midi driver?

Reply 1 of 9, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The game's config has to be set, too. If you have Windows just use the new installer to have it setup automatically for you.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 6 of 9, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Now if I had someone good at scripting on the Mac who could do Mac versions of my installers, I would host those, too. At least for the DOS games.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 8 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

If anyonebis interested I started work on this about 3 ½ years ago but couldn't find time to continue. So there is already some advanced apple script abailable as a good starting point 😉
(Again, sorry Collector, but my time just flys by)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 9 of 9, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh, I understand why you were unable to continue. Still, it would be nice to include support for Macs.