VOGONS

dOSboX freeze...

Topic actions

First post, by must41

User metadata

it's strange, sometimes dOSboX ( the Mac OS X version ) freezes. It happens to my brother and to my mom but never to me, wich make me think it could be some key combination. Does it ever happen to you??

Also, I downloaded I game that I owned on my old DOS ( King's quest ) however the DOS computer had a turbo button that I miss a lot because the main character walks so slowly ( and it's normal speed, not lower speed because it's being emulated ) something to do?

Reply 1 of 6, by Guest

User metadata

I found the keys; they are like ctrl+alt+left+up+right. Looks hard to press them all but just play a game like hocus pocus were the keys are the arrows plus alt and ctrl. You have chances of pressing them...

Reply 2 of 6, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

increase the CPU cycle to inprove the game speed, it's CTRL+F11 or F12

Sorry for my poor english ! 😉 But, try to speak french like I'm speak english ! 😀 It's not easy !

Reply 3 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
must41 wrote:

it's strange, sometimes dOSboX ( the Mac OS X version ) freezes. It happens to my brother and to my mom but never to me, wich make me think it could be some key combination. Does it ever happen to you??

Also, I downloaded I game that I owned on my old DOS ( King's quest ) however the DOS computer had a turbo button that I miss a lot because the main character walks so slowly ( and it's normal speed, not lower speed because it's being emulated ) something to do?

It could be a keycombination. it happens. It will be improved a lot in the next version.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 6, by must41

User metadata

Doesn't work... makes the game even slower but this is a minor problem... someone knows about the freeze?

Reply 5 of 6, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Did you check the game's compatibility list in DosBox's website ?

Sorry for my poor english ! 😉 But, try to speak french like I'm speak english ! 😀 It's not easy !