VOGONS

First post, by Guest

User metadata

ok i am terribly sorry if this was already mentioned in some post but i search for a while and didnt find any answers

i got TeamF1 a old dos game
runs great and all
but when i save a game it saves jumps back to the game
but when i eventually want to load it it seems there is no savegame
i got the same problem with a few other games

is there something i am missing here ?

great work on this nice app btw

Reply 1 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just a shot in the dark...

If you have copied files from a cd-rom they may have the "Read-only" attribute enable. Open command-line box. Go to game folder and type in attrib -r *.*

Reply 2 of 6, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Or maybe your games are located on a cd rom drive ... just copy all in your monted folder and type what eL_PuSHeR said attrib -r *.*

Sorry for my poor english ! 😉 But, try to speak french like I'm speak english ! 😀 It's not easy !

Reply 3 of 6, by teamster1975

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Make sure you do this from the Windows DOS prompt as Dosbox does not support the attrib command!

Reply 4 of 6, by Guest

User metadata

hmm thanks for the tips guys

i tried the attrib -r but it doesnt seem to fix it
though a weird part is once every while it seems to actually save the game
but next time i try it doesnt save again

Reply 5 of 6, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have the same problems with some games. Like the CD version of TES: Arena. The floppy version (which is now available for free at www.elderscrolls.com) works fine and can save without any problems.

I'm not sure why it happens, but I guess there's a minor bug somewhere that affect some games.

EDIT: This old thread has been bumped and this is no problem with Arena anymore.

Last edited by Freddo on 2007-05-28, 02:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 6, by Knight

User metadata

I encountered the same problem. In my case, it was placing the save game file in the wrong folder. It saved it in the folder where I mounted. I corrected this by mounting directly to the folder of the game I was saving. You can move your saves to this folder and it might fix it. It will be accessable the next time you run Dosbox and run your game.