VOGONS

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Certain games, like 'Dune 2' and 'Eye of the Beholder II' are creating very slow mouse speeds. I'm running DOSBox 0.61 with D-Fend. I've tried editing thier profiles and setting the mouse speed to 100%, but this doesn't seem to fix the problem.

My xp mouse speed is almost maxxed out, so changing that doesn't help much either.

Is there a way to further adjust the mouse pointer speed within DOSBox 0.61?

Reply 1 of 10, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

edit dosbox.conf and set:
sensitivity=500

Reply 2 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

Setting the sensititviy in dosbox.conf worked, but only if I run the game from the DOSBox DOS prompt. Unfortunately it seems as if D-Fend has a hardcoded sensitivity range of 0-100.

I like using D-Fend because it's very cumbersome having to mount c:\ and manually load the game etc.

Is there a fix for D-Fend, or maybe another front-end that doesn't have this limitation?

Reply 4 of 10, by THE_WUQKED

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You could also just edit your autoexec.bat in the config-file to mount your c drive automatically etc. And if the settings defer from game to game just make several diff conf files - including starting the game and ending dosbox afterwards. That's what I do. This way I don't need another tool and can just double click on the game icon to start it.
But if that's too much work for you, try out boxer, like Qbix said.

Reply 5 of 10, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend has an automatic override system called Custom Sets. That's how I was able to readd fullfixed (missing) and switched fullwidth/fullheight (accidently reversed numbers when set) in the latest D-Fend version.

1) Go in D-Fend.
2) Rightclick on the game and select Settings from the menu.
3) Click the Custom Sets tab

4) Type this for sensitivity:

[sdl]
sensitivity=500

That should fix your problem without having to drop D-Fend.
I like D-Fend because he pratically thinks of a way to cover problems in his program without making it difficult to fix them.
He already knows about the fullfixed problem. I didn't realize sensitivity= was missing so I suppose I should mention this as well. 🤣

I guess I kept missing sensitivity option myself cause that would fix the low sensitivity of the mouse in Star Trek: Final Unity (would actually make it playable some) Heh, good thing this thread popped up or I'd completely be at loss. Lol.

Note: Read his Help file is actually a MANUAL. It will help. I didn't read it and if I did I wouldn't have needed to ask him about "What is Custom Sets?" 🤣.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 6 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

Cool, he just fixed it. The newest version of D-Fend now allows any configuration of mouse sensitivity from within the GUI.

Reply 7 of 10, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep, another dude posted earlier to his Guestbook about it. He also fixed his accidently switching fullwidth and fullheight output. Lol that was a bad one at least for me since I need it for Fullfixed which was missing 😉 and 🤣. haha..

Yeah I found a bit number of bugs. I didn't notice Senstivity until someone mentioned it because I never used it. Now that I know about it. I will use it more frequently. It helps A LOT when trying to play Star Trek: Final Unity. 😀

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 8 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

You really NEED a life Iere. 😉. Yeah I fixed a number of bugs with this version. Probably introduced a few new ones as well.

I'm quite interested what will happen translation wise. Exporting/Importing never took off even though it has GREAT potential.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Reply 9 of 10, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Haha, I do have a life. I work 10 hour days everyday. 😜. 😁. Now if only I had a brain 😁. Anyways, Mabus 😉 Thanks for all your great work on it.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 10 of 10, by MabusRaeen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Don't mention it. Then again ... DO MENTION IT!!!! 😉

Author of D-Fend, a DOSBox frontend.

D-Fend homepage.
http://members.home.nl/mabus