VOGONS

Common searches

With all due respect this is the WORSE!!! software i ever had

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by aviramof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No matter what I do sooner or later the software crashes and stop working properly and it is impossible to repair without installing her again
on a new windows install period. all I want is to play magic carpet properly and even that your software can't do without problems sooner or later.

It is only a matter of time for your software to stop working period. it is not a question of if but of when!!!.

I sure hope that you are working very very hard on your next version.

Last edited by aviramof on 2015-05-24, 08:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 25, by aviramof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes well if you had a good software I would have used her more and I would have replied here more but she always disappointed me when I tried her with magic carpet one and two period.
The last time I used real dos 6.22 in virtual machine and it worked fine there.

And it seem to be that you have changed or fixed anything during those 7 years because it is still does not work better today!!!.

I tried removing you software with revo uninstaller and even that did not fixed the bug in your software.

Only on a different windows install on a different drive it works fine and who knows how long would that last this time.

And just for general knowledge the software either crash completely or she does not enabling me to start the game in full screen mode.

Reply 4 of 25, by aviramof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

And here is a little bit more general information.
I have downloaded and in installed Magic.Carpet.Plus.v2.0.0.18.Retail-CORE and Magic.Carpet.2.The.Netherworlds.v2.1.0.7.Retail-CORE which both use dosbox and both worked fine yesterday!!!
And bote of them stopped working together!!!! so don't tell me that it is not a bug in dosbox because it is period!!!.

Reply 9 of 25, by aviramof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

And for good reason!!! you had years while I ignored your software to fix anything and yet nothing had changed in it all this time period!!!.
The same bugs the same problems it is as if there are no programs to this software at all let along good ones.

Fix the damn software already and make it more reliable that is what we want and need period!!!.

Reply 10 of 25, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

so OP is so smart that the "software" only works when he uses pirated GOG pre-configured games... nice one OP, the "software" is to blame , really!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 11 of 25, by aviramof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I also used the original ISO files because I have the original disks and it also failed me before!!!.and the problem is not the game!!! the problem is that either the software crashes completely or that want let the game run in full Screen only minimized and trying to change it with alt-enter does not help!!!. and there is no option in the minimize windows to increase or change the size of the window at all!!!.

It is right down primitive minimize windows with zero options and settings!!!.

And it not a coincidence that two!!! games stopped working at the same time!!! one maybe but two??? at the same time??? when the only common denominator between them is dosbox 0.74???
you don't need to be a genius developer to figure it out do you???.

Reply 17 of 25, by Tertz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
luckybob wrote:

I find it slightly amusing he waited 7 years, 8 months, 4 weeks, and 1 day from first registering to make his first post.

Seems like it's that mentioned period to stop working.

aviramof wrote:

she always disappointed me

A program is 'it' in English, like almost everything what is not a human.

it is still does not work better today

Try other DOSBox 0.74 settings as Magic Carpet is reported to work fine. Try more fresh SVN. Try change your hardware or software, as this may to be a reason for instability too.

I tried removing you software with revo uninstaller and even that did not fixed the bug in your software.

There is no sense in re-installing DOSBox. Only its configuration file affects something and if .conf was not renewed after the re-install then you just have gotten what had befor. If you want to make a default .conf there is Extras/Reset Options.
I think a manual may be helpful for you.

DOSBox CPU Benchmark
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 18 of 25, by aviramof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tertz wrote:

Try other DOSBox 0.74 settings as Magic Carpet is reported to work fine. Try more fresh SVN. Try change your hardware or software, as this may to be a reason for instability too.

I have a very strong computer so hardware is not the problem.
spec:
I7-3770
MS-7759
8GB Geil 1600Mhz.
SSD Intel 330 120GB Where the software is installed.
WD Blue 7200 1TB.
Segate barracuda 7200 2TB.
Gtx 970 MSI OC 4GB.
Antec 700W.
Arctic Cooling Silentium T11 Black

Yesterday it worked fine on one Win 8.1 install today it does not for no apparent reason. today it works fine on the second Win 8.1 on the WD Blue but who know for how long.
Even in the past when I tried the original dosbox with the original ISO files from the original disks it never worked fine it always crashed eventually.
Last time I installed dos 6.22 on Virtual PC 2007 of Microsoft, but with the versions that I have mentioned above I don't think I can do that and I want them because
they have the hidden world expansion that I don't have in the original CD from 1994 and possibly something similer in magic carpet 2 so I must really on Dosbox for this
and for the time being I am not so happy with the problems and the fact that I have not found a way to fix the problem in the windows that is on my SSD Drive.

it would be great if in the next dosbox version there at least would be a better minimize game window. one that you can at least expand to all directions.