VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by Tertz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
aviramof wrote:

I have a very strong computer so hardware is not the problem

As you've said, you tried GOG's variants and they worked for a day(!) and on the next day don't. DOSBox is same, its settings are same, games are same but somethings was changed anyway. So I suppose you may to have problems with your hardware/software too. What it may to be: bent antivirus, virus, other conficting application, other settings for software or hardware, defective memory chips or other hardware component, weak CPU cooler (check CPU's temperature under 2 hours run of streess-test like OCCT),... - many possible reasons.
If there were problems with DOSBox it would never worked, but not on the next day only; or DOSBox corrupted games' files what you may check with md5summer or similar; or problems appeared only after previous game's saves were loaded but not after new game start.
As there are no many complaints about problems with Magic Carpet (it's not obscurity game) in DOSBox - it's doubtful there are problems with it. Either you have issues with DOSBox settings (try core=normal, for example) or with other your software/hardware affecting gaming in DOSBox. And if there were serious problems with Magic Carpet in DOSBox there was no its GOG variant or they had returns and forums full of complaints. Also you may try ykhwong's build of DOSBox (version of 2014) - it's popular and has many changes compared to 0.74.

I7-3770

Try to check your CPU by this method. You'll see is your system able to be stable during hard load in DOSBox. Then you may say your fps for demo1.

it would be great if in the next dosbox version there at least would be a better minimize game window. one that you can at least stretch in all directions

There is a theme for sugestions.
You may stretch a window 2-3 times by scale parameter on 0.74 and 2-5 times in ykhwong's build.

DOSBox CPU Benchmark
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 21 of 25, by aviramof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well I did my best and still no luck not even with ykhwong's dosbox exe file which is a lot better then the original one.
full screen works fine in one windows and not in the other.

Reply 22 of 25, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

So you now have two ways of action:
1. you are done with Dosbox and never use it again and stop complaining

2. you accept that since it works for everyone else, there must be a problem with your system (be it virus, trojan, obscure software) and you want help with it.

Either way, cursing and beingangry at the Dosbox developers is the wrong way.
If you decide on 1., please stop posting.
If you decide on 2., please take out your original files, reset dosbox settings and have a fresh start, following the 60 seconds guide.
If your system still lets you play one day and crashes the next... that's a very strong hint that it's a fault on your side.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 23 of 25, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
aviramof wrote:

Well I did my best and still no luck

I'm sorry we couldn't solve your problem, sir. Would you like your money back?

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 24 of 25, by aviramof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You sure ain't going to get any donation from me any time soon.