VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Iggi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I haven't found anything on this topic yet, so I think I have to ask:

I tried to play DSA1 (aka "Das Schwarze Auge - Die Schicksalsklinge", aka "Realms of Arkania - Blade of Destiny") with dosbox 0.57, 0.58 and 0.6, but I couldn't get the CD soundtrack working yet. (Annotation: I couldn't try cd audio with some of my other games yet, as they didn't work with dosbox at all - so I don't know if it's a problem with the game or with dosbox.)
Whenever CD audio should be played, simply nothing happens. I've read about a low-level cdrom support, but that seems to be a Windows specific thing. So: Are there any options left for getting the music to work?

Thanks,
Iggi

Reply 1 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

for linux you're limited to the sdl support
so that would be the -usecd option with mount.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 8, by mondauge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I also wish to play DSA again, and so I tried the suggestions here to get cd audio work correctly. Unfortunately, this does not work on my machine. mount -cd gives me two possible -usecd values but neither of them work.
Does anyone else have a suggestion, what I could try next?

thx in advance
mondauge

Reply 6 of 8, by Iggi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi mondauge,

I'm not too good in problem solving, but as nobody answered yet, I'll give it another try...
Just to make it sure: Can you listen to your CDs via a software CD player (for example KsCD under KDE)?

Reply 7 of 8, by MezerLohse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i've got the same problem. i'm using dosbox 0.61 under linux and cd-audio doesnt work in schicksalsklinge. playing the tracks with a software cd player works perfectly. is there any workaround for this problem?
i am using -t cdrom -usecd 0 as mount options.