VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by JazzFan3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I hope this is the right forum to ask questions, I didn't see any game question/support related one.

Pretty much like the title states... How do I input the Jazz Jackrabbit cheats?

Now I don't know if this is the right way to input the codes on dosbox. I started using computers from on Windows 95 so I've never used actual dos because it's before my time. I've played some games in the past though my dad started them up for me and I've been having the urge to replay some of them these days so that's how I found dosbox. It's all very complicated to me you might understand.

Everywhere it states: P + Backspace followed by the cheatcode. Sounds simple enough but it doesn't seem to work on dosbox for me. For me the following things happen:

Situation 1:
Press P - Pauses the game
Press Backspace - Unpauses the game

Situation 2:
Press P + Backspace - Pressing another button (from the code) will unpause the game

Situation 3:
Press P - Pauses the game
Press Backspace - Nothing happens - In fact, the game or dosbox seem to be stuck. Pressing Backspace 2 or 3 times more mostly fixes it, sadly by unpausing the game

Situation 4:
Press P + Backspace same time - Nothing happens - In fact, the game or dosbox seem to be stuck. Pressing Backspace 2 or 3 times more mostly fixes it, sadly by unpausing the game
Situation 3/different attempt:
Hold P + Backspace then try to input the cheatcode while having them pressed - Pause/unpauses the game non stop for holding down P

I only want to use a minor code to get past a very annoying jumping part in a game. If it's too much trouble helping me I will just skip the whole level/chapter/episode whole I guess.

Many thanks in advance either way!

Reply 1 of 3, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Just tried the Jazz Jackrabbit cheats in DOSBox 0.74 with default keymapper, works for me. The correct sequence is P + Backspace almost simultaneously (this pauses the game), then type code. Here is a quick DOSBox video I made:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t78n18c0c1nm6bs/jazz4_3.avi?dl=0

It does tend to fail at first, just try again until it works. Don't know what else to tell you otherwise.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 2 of 3, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I also just tried with DOSBOX 0.74 and it was even simpler. P, then backspace, then the code. Didn't have to type anything fast or press anything simultaneously. Some of the cheats listed on Gamefaqs didn't work, but most did. Typing the correct code automatically enables it and un-pauses the game.

I tried using the 9-episode CD version of the game. Maybe it's different on other versions?

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 3 of 3, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

I've tried the 6 episode floppy version, shareware and both Christmas editions. Works the same way as well.

Ooohh, the pain......