VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by TheDarclord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everybody! This is my first post in this forum.
I have been trying to run the game "GBA Championship Basketball:Two on Two" in dosbox since version 0.65.
On the dosbox site it clearly states that the game is supported since version 0.61, but no matter how many times I've tried and how many settings I've changed the game refuses to start.
Believe me I have tried everything(to my knowledge).
I'm beginning to doubt the accuracy of the compatibility list, so if anyone knows how to run this game please post it here.

Reply 1 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Important things we need to know to troubleshoot:
How did you install the game? What are your mountings on install and for playing? What commands do you run in DOSBox to play it?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

oh, I see you already asked on an abandonware site... Please ask again, when you have a non pirated version.
We do not support pirated games, because they are pirated 😀 *AND* because they sometimes are broken in some way.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 7, by TheDarclord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
I owned the Amstrad CPC original version of this game (I still do actually) and I am curious to see the DOS version.
The developer "Dynamix" and the publisher "Gamestar" have been closed for very long time, so I never thought that there would be any problem.
My apologies.

Reply 7 of 7, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can confirm that the game works out of the proverbial box. Though, if you change the cputype to 386_slow and bump the cycles then it should play flawlessly. Though just off the bat if you go and play it as usual you have to lower cycles to about 500ish. You may be wondering "how did you get it to work?" Well, I used my own copy that I have in my possession. Upon reviewing what was included in the archive of said abandonia page, it is missing a whole lot of files. Clearly, like with all PIRATED software pirates are often sloppy, and since this is a game from 1988 they apparently didn't care enough to verify the integrity of the files or if all the files were included. My tip to you is to stay way from "abandoned" games, or just take your chance if you want to go and pirate stuff. Though we will not help you fix your pirated games. 😀

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.