VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by nertx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Im trying to get an old 16bit application working with dosbox. It's running fine on windows 7 32bit and the "integrated" dos mode but I want to use 64bit OS so dosbox is the best option.

I was able to get it startet but in the dosbox window some text is missing (see image) - there should be text in the grey and black area below (see image):

photo_2016-07-28_15-26-34.jpg
Filename
photo_2016-07-28_15-26-34.jpg
File size
70.66 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I'd try something newer than 0.73MB5.
Keep in mind we develop DOSBox with games in mind, so it might not work correctly, so test everything well.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 7, by JosSchaars

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, it will be some (wrong or missing) setting of your program.
It is simply displaying black text on a black background.

You could use Ctrl+Win+C or select and copy that text to confirm it is there (just black on black).

Reply 6 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
JosSchaars wrote:

You could use Ctrl+Win+C or select and copy that text to confirm it is there (just black on black).

While that may work in a Windows command prompt window, the standard version of DOSBox does not allow copying of text.

I agree that this might not necessarily be a DOSBox issue. What commands are you using to mount the program's directory? If the program is stored in C:\Users\Whatever, you may need to use "mount c c:\users" and not "mount c c:\users\whatever".

Reply 7 of 7, by JosSchaars

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was referring to vDos. Win+Ctrl+C will copy the screen context (so the plain text, visible or not) to a file that will be opened in the Windows application assigned to .txt files. Or alternatively Win+Ctrl+mouse click to select a block of text to be copied to the Windows clipboard.

Since the program starts more or less correctly and DOSBox and vDos differ in file operation and screen handling, it will probably be a missing or damaged file.