VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBOX more than 80 columns please

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Outdated

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi' I use DDOSBOX and found it very easy to work with.

I use some old X86 programs like ASM11 and other specialed programs and it works flawlessly.

However when assembling my programs I redirect the outlisting to a file rather than to the console, but I am still stuck with a linlength of only 80 cloumns. This makes my Assembler listings look awfull with very anoying linewraps after 80 characters causing my comments to be cut and the rest placed in the beginning of the next line, where I would expect ony to have address and instruction codes for my processor.

I am using DOSBOX version 0.74 and it reports emulating DOS 5, which actually should be capable of running longer lines.

I really hope someone has an easy fix for this flaw.

Best regards from an Outdated programmer.

Reply 2 of 6, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Try to make a small program that set a VESA video mode like 109h (text 132x25) and you're done (until next mode setting).

Back in time, I liked to use graphic mode 640x400 (that gives 80x28) because it looked better than the standard 80x25 text.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 5 of 6, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

vDos is certainly the right way to go. But if for some reason your application doesn't work with vDos, and needs DOSBox, you could download my custom build, which includes 132x43 and 132x60 modes using the default VGA font:

http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/DOSBoxWP-Binaries.7z

Enter HELP /ALL at the DOSBox prompt for a list of commands; the ones at the end list the modes you can access from the command line.

(Credit where credit is due: I didn't think up these commands; helpful experts on this forum showed me how to create them.)