VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Roxor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just wondering if there are any x64 compiles of DOSBox available for download, particulary for Windows XP x64 Edition.

Seeing as the official site has none, what about unofficial ones?

Oh, and if somebody could point me to a free x64 C++ compiler for Windows, I'd be quite thankful.

Reply 1 of 4, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There is unfortunately no suitable x64 compiler for windows. GCC (mingw) is not ported yet (if it will be at all) and M$ .NET doesn't like inline asm which dosbox uses for dyncore. I guess it would be possible to build it without dynamic core and fpu assembly core...but then you're better off with 32-bit version.

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 2 of 4, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roxor wrote:

Just wondering if there are any x64 compiles of DOSBox available for download, particulary for Windows XP x64 Edition.

And the benefit of this would be what exactly?

I think it's about time people realised there are programs that *need* 64 bit native versions, those that would benefit and those it wouldn't make any sense to 😀 I've not tried DOSBox on my WinXP64 system but I would expect it to work as is on it. Whether something runs as a native 64bit app or not should be irrelevant - it's whether it *works* or not.

/rant over 😀