VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Smeg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but I can't find anything like it with the Search function.

I play several old games in DosBox on my Athlon XP3200+. Mainly MoO1, MoM and HoMM1. All three work fine on the latest official DosBox release (0.63) under WinXP. No probs at all.

I've got exactly the same version (0.63) on exactly the same PC running Debian Linux (dual boot). With the same DosBox config, all the games start up fine (as you would hope). Even the sound works - if there was going to be a problem, I'd have expected it to be sound.

No. The mouse cursor disappears. This is with autolock=true in the config. I click in the DosBox window and the mouse cursor vanishes - whichever game is running, the game's mouse cursor just isn't there. I can still control the game using the keyboard (though they are all unplayable that way), but the mouse just isn't there.

When I try with autolock=off, the mouse cursor stays as the KDE pointer, and won't click into the application, even with Ctrl-F10. Again, the games run fine with keyboard control.

So, is there some setting specific to Linux which will get the mouse working? I'm really sorry if I'm being dim, but I don't understand the problem.

Hope someone can help - thanks in advance,

CC