VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by herecomethej2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using the game wing commander and it requires the use of the "a" key to use the auto pilot. however when I press "a" it does frame skip 2 on up. How can i fix this?

Reply 1 of 5, by herecomethej2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I figured it out finaly, 😁 turns out that the windows and mac keybords are very diffrent in the number of buttons it has in certian areas, as a result the print screen button and the buttons next to it were all mapped to "a" on the keybord. as a result pressing "a" would have a mixture of commands from one button which messed evreything up. It was a simple matter to change thoes buttons to nothing with the key mapper "ctrl 1" so if there are any other mac users who had similar problems that is the solution.

EDIT: Now the only problem is that when ever i restart dos box i have to remap the unused keys to nothing how can i make it so that i only have to do this once?

Reply 3 of 5, by herecomethej2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok by turning that command off in the config file it stopped turning unused keys to a. I found out that that mapper.txt file was created it was in the main harddrive. but when i moved it to the dosbox folder it didnt do anything. I found i had to use doxboxer inorder for dosbox to use a config file could this be a simmilar thing?

Also is there a way to map joystick buttons/axis?

Reply 4 of 5, by herecomethej2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

"Also is there a way to map joystick buttons/axis?"
Come to think of it this isn't the first time I have asked this question and people ignored it a few years ago. I take it such an idea hasn't been implemented?

Reply 5 of 5, by Hellmatic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Mapping buttons - yes. There's a patch by djrobx available in the DosBox patches section of the forum that fixes this, specifically. Just take the .diff file, manually search sld_mapper.cpp for the corresponding section, copy/paste the changes, and recompile DosBox. It worked for me.

Mapping axis movements - not yet, unfortunately. djrobx's patch does not fix this long standing issue, nor does any new DosBox version or build that I know of.