VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Dr. Spankenstein

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have made an ISO image file of a CD Copy of Quake I own. If I us the original CD the soundtrack works fine, however if I mount the image file using alcohol or daemon tools then it tells me there is no CD in the drive to play from?

What am I doing wrong? It does the same with Shadow Warrior.

Many thanks.

Reply 3 of 8, by Dr. Spankenstein

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've tried making a bin/cue using power iso and once again it seems to ignore the audio data contained on the cd when creating the image so Im left with nothing but data and therefore no CD music in-game!

Any suggestions or any software out there worth using?

Reply 4 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are you mounting the .CUE or the .BIN? You must mount the .CUE in DosBox using ImgMount to get the CD audio.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DosFreak is right. If, after mounting the CUE sheet, you aren't getting audio tracks, maybe the program you used for creating the image is the culprit. Similar programs to do the same are ISOBuster and UltraISO (Both are quite good, but you have to pay for them [they are not freeware as far as I know]).

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 6 of 8, by Dr. Spankenstein

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm mounting the .cue file but I think the software is the culprit!

Has anyone had any first hand experience with this procedure and the software that can do it as I dont want to hand over money for a programme that wont work.