VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 23, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

That statement, put back in context, was in reference to the response that the only way I would get setver support was by using that commercial software. You said that you read the whole thing, but, you missed the quote above it (or have quotes disabled?) that it was a response to.

I was still referring to the fact none of the Dosbox developers suggested that you should use that software. You wrote tons of lines refering to something that didn't happen.

As for if DOSBox stopped "supporting abandonware" I was really just saying that I have seen free projects of amazing quality suddenly reach the decision that they should take their software commercial.

you missed an important point that I hinted at with the sarcasm.

I'm not going to start spending all my days digging through the incredibly number of DOS games that exist just to make one little point on a forum. If you want to dig through all DOS games ever made to prove that none have ever been made which require a particular version of DOS, then by all means do so, and I will gladly retract all my statements on such a thing if you do indeed prove this.

that's not how discussions work. less talk more facts!

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 21 of 23, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

well, even though Qbix added this functionality, there actually was a nice little utility that did this as well (not the first emntioned shareware one). At http://www.geocities.com/sjwoolham/ you can get a Dosver program (among many others that might be nice to test with Dosbox) 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper