VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 41, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Btw the "startbps:38400 parity:n bytesize:8 stopbits:1 irq:4 " are not used anymore since 0.70 or so. The program should set them itself.

My bad, interrupt is still used. The others aren't.

Reply 23 of 41, by jusplainwacky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Any suggestion on now to get rid of these errors? Do you think removing all the stuff in the CONFIG file that I don't use will make any difference?

Or is it something I'm going to have to live with?

Reply 28 of 41, by jusplainwacky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Qbix, thanks for joining in on the question.

I see you are one of the DOSBOX crew. Being such, would you have any more insight as to why these framing errors are occuring?

Are there some experiments that I can conduct that might help understand this?

Never using DOSBOX and being completely new to all this, is it common to have these framing errors? Any idea what typically causes them?

Reply 30 of 41, by jusplainwacky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Without Hal's help, I probably would have never gotten this thing to work, and I don't want to diminish his expertise and involvement in all this, however, in his last post he said, "Like I said, if it doesn't affect anything it's most likely normal".

"Most likely normal", is kind of tri-state, in that is it or not?

Also the only other suggestion I got was to try to change the CPU parameters, I was wondering if perhaps there was something else I could try.

Again, I'm not trying to diminish the help I have received, its just that I don't know the expertise level that is helping me and I also was wondering if perhaps I could try something else that might resolve this.

If not, I appreciate your input.

Reply 32 of 41, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

HAL is as expert as your going to get with DosBox and serial support. Your only other options are contacting the comapny that made the program that your trying to run and the companies that made the USB to serial and PCMCIA card.

Can you verify that your data isn't corrupted by running some tests?

Last edited by DosFreak on 2007-09-18, 16:17. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 34 of 41, by jusplainwacky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe I'm wrong, but I highly doubt that the manufacture would know why framing errors are occuring using DOSBOX.

I have to contact them anyway, and I'll throw it out...worse they can do is say "Dos what"??

The only thing I have done is communicate with my device and downloaded the software...it will be a couple of days before I am ready to actually run it. However I believe if the download was corrupted, it would have errored.

Still leaves the same question...what is causing these errors. My guess is that they won't be a problem, I'm just curious as to why they are happening and what they mean.

Reply 37 of 41, by jusplainwacky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi..

I was able to down load the software to my device, however I am not able to run the software until I get my test equipment set up. This piece of hardware that I'm communicating to controls some other equipment.

I appreciate EVERYONE's help on this...especially HAL. I would have been lost if it wasn't for all the input and help I have received on this forum.

Hopefully by next week I'll be able to let you all know if its working 100%. My guess is that I should be fine as the biggest problem was even talking to the POD.

Reply 38 of 41, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
jusplainwacky wrote:

Hi Qbix, thanks for joining in on the question.

I see you are one of the DOSBOX crew. Being such, would you have any more insight as to why these framing errors are occuring?

You mailed me with me before. I send you to this forum eventually
The errors might be part of the communication protocol. It's not very efficient, but if it worked then it worked. The only way to be sure is to try the result.

Which build are you currently using btw ?
If it works and only the displaying of the errors might upset the clients then the console can be removed without much of a problem

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!