Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 741 of 1972, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Better run DBGL with dbglcons.cmd to get more information about the problem in the console. Also have them test/check the zip file with 7-zip/winrar/whatever.

Reply 742 of 1972, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm seeing a bug with the Pouet reference, which seems incompatible with non-standard characters. For example, searching on "übernational zonk" returns nothing. A possibly related issue occurs on import of data. For example, searching on "zonk" returns the details the prior search should, but replaces the name with "�bernational zonk" (i.e. with the "ü" replaced).

There is also an issue with the sample image display in the profile editor. Within the profile editor images seem to default to a white background which is different than the typically expected black. The image for "Transgression 2" is a good example. Image appears correctly in the main launcher window. I think this is due to animated gif's being used.

Reply 743 of 1972, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kolano wrote:

I'm seeing a bug with the Pouet reference, which seems incompatible with non-standard characters. For example, searching on "übernational zonk" returns nothing. A possibly related issue occurs on import of data. For example, searching on "zonk" returns the details the prior search should, but replaces the name with "�bernational zonk" (i.e. with the "ü" replaced).

There is also an issue with the sample image display in the profile editor. Within the profile editor images seem to default to a white background which is different than the typically expected black. The image for "Transgression 2" is a good example. Image appears correctly in the main launcher window. I think this is due to animated gif's being used.

Thanks for the bugreport kolano,

I've fixed both issues, and added support for the (few) animated gifs on Pouet.net, which can now be imported into DBGL as individual screenshot images. Build 0.72c is up.

All the latest files, to upgrade just grab the jar as usual.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 744 of 1972, by RetroFAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi rcblanke,
i'm writing here some suggestions in random order that would help my personal work terribly ...

a) treat *.jpeg images as *.jpg, MobyGames has a lot of them
b) add the chance to add N link (or more then four) in info section, if it's possible for the GUI; there a lot of games that needs manuals, guides, walkthrough and so on
c) add the chance to add N executables (or more than two) in Mounting section; i'd like to add some DOS batch files to provider trainers to some games
d) add a button to select all the images suggested by the MobyGames query.

BYE!

Reply 745 of 1972, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroFAN wrote:

a) treat *.jpeg images as *.jpg, MobyGames has a lot of them

Can you please provide an example?!

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do.

Reply 746 of 1972, by RetroFAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Last year I've downloaded images for Wing Commander IV (for example) with JPEG extension and DBGL didn't show them in the lower section of the GUI.
Now I've redownloaded the same images and all of them have the JPG extension so... false alarm.

Reply 747 of 1972, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My turn for some suggestions (just marginal things, hoping not to be bothersome, for me DBGL is almost perfect as it is now)

1. add an option (maybe in the general section of the preferences screen) to center the DosBox window (equivalent to the environment variable SDL_VIDEO_CENTERED=1). Are there other useful environment variables I'm not aware of by the way (I only know this one)?

2. I use the export feature to backup games, but every time I need to write in the notes (in the export screen) which games are included in the dbgl.zip archive. Maybe the names of the profiles could be pasted automatically in the notes field?

3. When I add new profiles and then delete them, and then add a new profile, the ID value keeps rising. For example I reached ID over 100, but the games are much less. Maybe the "clean database" option could "free" unused ID entries?

b) add the chance to add N link (or more then four) in info section, if it's possible for the GUI; there a lot of games that needs manuals, guides, walkthrough and so on

I'd like that too. Also because then

c) add the chance to add N executables (or more than two) in Mounting section; i'd like to add some DOS batch files to provider trainers to some games

would be doable via link.

For example, if you have 2 alternative versions of a game, you can:
1. create two profiles
2. create a desktop link for the second one
3. rename the profile configuration file (if it's a number) of the second profile (so that it will not be deleted when you'll delete the second profile in DBGL)
4. update the created link with the new .conf file name
5. put the .lnk file somewhere
6. paste the complete path to the .lnk file (in windows you can copy that from the protection tab in the properties of the link) in a link field of the first profile, then you can delete the second one.

This way you can actually merge more games (or versions of the same game) in the same profile, assigning to each one a different link slot. But more than 4 slots for links would be better.

### Cosmic Supremacy ### --- a free 3D space MMO for Civilization and Master of Orion fans!!!

Reply 748 of 1972, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

added support for the (few) animated gifs on Pouet.net

I've made an animated gif screenshot, but it doesn't animate in the screenshot column 🙄

Attachments

• 03.gif
    Filename
    03.gif
    File size
    137.79 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 749 of 1972, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's a very weird bug involving adding parameters to win.com, that causes the parameter to override it like say for starting Windows 3.1 games like SOLITAIRE directly you'd have

Main: \Windows\win.com
Parameters: \Windows\sol.exe

It'd work, but once you edit the profile again or even duplicate it, it appears as:

Main: \Windows\Windows\sol.exe
Parameters:

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 750 of 1972, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

There's a very weird bug involving adding parameters to win.com, that causes the parameter to override it...

Heh, nice one, this bug originates from version 0.2 or so 😊

New test-build 0.72d is up, with:

* fix for main.com param.exe issue; now correctly taking the first executable as the main executable (leileilol)
* if no mount is selected, but there is just one, use that for the grabber
* added a tooltip for the active filter-tab which shows the number of profiles in the list (code120)
* set notes field in game export to profile titles per default (code120)

More changes are underway.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 752 of 1972, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kolano wrote:

"active filter-tab"?

I hope that points to future functionality to filter profiles into sets.

Ehm, is that related to your earlier request for 'A generic list filter. Basically a text input that would filter the list to profiles that contained the entered term'? As that is already possible with ctrl-f, if I understand you correctly?

Reply 753 of 1972, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rcblanke wrote:
kolano wrote:

"active filter-tab"?

I hope that points to future functionality to filter profiles into sets.

Ehm, is that related to your earlier request for 'A generic list filter. Basically a text input that would filter the list to profiles that contained the entered term'? As that is already possible with ctrl-f, if I understand you correctly?

Hrm, so it would, if I can work out the format used by the "Condition". Seems to be a where clause, though the DB columns could be better documented.

Here's the current documentation from the website...
-To show all your favorite games: GAM.FAVORITE=true
-To show all profiles with the first custom field filled in with MT-32: CUST1.VALUE='MT-32'
-To show the oldies: YR.YEAR < 1984
-To show all profiles with the text 'keys' in its notes and that have a setup: UPPER(GAM.NOTES) LIKE '%KEYS%' AND GAM.SETUP=true
-To display all profiles with apogee as developer or publisher: UPPER(DEV.NAME) LIKE '%APOGEE%' OR UPPER(PUBL.NAME) LIKE '%APOGEE%'
-To filter for action games: UPPER(GEN.NAME) LIKE '%ACTION%'

Missing details from current doc (probably a few others I'm missing):
-Filter by screenshot
-Filter on link existence
-Filter on link URL
-Filter on link Title
-Filter by status

It would also be nice if the filter functionality was integrated into menus, rather than only being accessible via ctrl-f.

Reply 754 of 1972, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

-Filter by screenshot: not possible as this information is not in the database, only on the filesystem

GAM.LINK1 <> '' OR GAM.LINK2 <> '' OR GAM.LINK3 <> '' OR GAM.LINK4 <> ''

-Filter on link URL (to mobygames, for example)

UPPER(GAM.LINK1) LIKE 'HTTP://WWW.MOBYGAMES.COM%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK2) LIKE 'HTTP://WWW.MOBYGAMES.COM%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK3) LIKE 'HTTP://WWW.MOBYGAMES.COM%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK4) LIKE 'HTTP://WWW.MOBYGAMES.COM%'

-Filter on link Title (a link pointing to a manual, for example)

UPPER(GAM.LINK1_TITLE) LIKE '%MANUAL%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK2_TITLE) LIKE '%MANUAL%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK3_TITLE) LIKE '%MANUAL%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK4_TITLE) LIKE '%MANUAL%'

-Filter by status 'shareware', for example

UPPER(STAT.STAT) = 'SHAREWARE'

Reply 755 of 1972, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rcblanke wrote:
-Filter by screenshot: not possible as this information is not in the database, only on the filesystem […]
Show full quote

-Filter by screenshot: not possible as this information is not in the database, only on the filesystem

GAM.LINK1 <> '' OR GAM.LINK2 <> '' OR GAM.LINK3 <> '' OR GAM.LINK4 <> ''

-Filter on link URL (to mobygames, for example)

UPPER(GAM.LINK1) LIKE 'HTTP://WWW.MOBYGAMES.COM%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK2) LIKE 'HTTP://WWW.MOBYGAMES.COM%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK3) LIKE 'HTTP://WWW.MOBYGAMES.COM%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK4) LIKE 'HTTP://WWW.MOBYGAMES.COM%'

-Filter on link Title (a link pointing to a manual, for example)

UPPER(GAM.LINK1_TITLE) LIKE '%MANUAL%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK2_TITLE) LIKE '%MANUAL%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK3_TITLE) LIKE '%MANUAL%' OR UPPER(GAM.LINK4_TITLE) LIKE '%MANUAL%'

-Filter by status 'shareware', for example

UPPER(STAT.STAT) = 'SHAREWARE'

Thanks Ronald,

Could you provide a full rundown of the DB column names? Or point me to where I could find such?

Reply 756 of 1972, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

Today yet another update (0.72e), this time with:

* 4 additional link fields, and 2 alternative executable fields (RetroFAN)
* changes to csv and html list exports to show these new fields
* right-click on a profile to run a profile using any of the alternative executables. If only 1 DOSBox version is installed, the 'run with..' cascading menus are no longer shown to reduce clutter
* made profile type selection (DOS exe vs. booter) use an expandbar UI element instead of a radio button to make better use of screen estate
* implemented keymapper-file export/import (code120)
* for this change, and the additional link and exe fields, it was necessary to update the gamepackarchive version to 1.1 (backwards compatibility is assured)
* when deleting a profile, now providing an option to remove the profile-specific keymapper-file
* added all/none image-selection buttons in the profile editor (RetroFAN)
* fixed a regression in the D-fend importer (some fields were not being imported since 0.69c)
* fixed a minor bug which caused game directories being created when importing only profiles (thus without game files)

I'm expecting no further changes (except maybe bugfixes or updated translations) for the upcoming release.

@Kolano: The full rundown of all available filtering columns can be found in /org/dbgl/db/database.java, line 46:

SELECT GAM.ID, GAM.TITLE, DEV.NAME, PUBL.NAME, GEN.NAME, YR.YEAR, STAT.STAT, GAM.NOTES, GAM.FAVORITE, GAM.SETUP, GAM.SETUP_PARAMS, GAM.ALT1, GAM.ALT1_PARAMS, GAM.ALT2, GAM.ALT2_PARAMS, GAM.CONFFILE, GAM.CAPTURES, GAM.DBVERSION_ID, GAM.LINK1, GAM.LINK2, GAM.LINK3, GAM.LINK4, GAM.LINK5, GAM.LINK6, GAM.LINK7, GAM.LINK8, GAM.LINK1_TITLE, GAM.LINK2_TITLE, GAM.LINK3_TITLE, GAM.LINK4_TITLE, GAM.LINK5_TITLE, GAM.LINK6_TITLE, GAM.LINK7_TITLE, GAM.LINK8_TITLE, CUST1.VALUE, CUST2.VALUE, CUST3.VALUE, CUST4.VALUE, GAM.CUSTOM5, GAM.CUSTOM6, GAM.CUSTOM7, GAM.CUSTOM8, GAM.CUSTOM9, GAM.CUSTOM10

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 757 of 1972, by RetroFAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've some translation issue with new added fields as following images shows... is it normal?

Attachments

• Info.png
    Filename
    Info.png
    File size
    16.49 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • Custom Info.png
    Filename
    Custom Info.png
    File size
    8.75 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • Mounting.png
    Filename
    Mounting.png
    File size
    9.19 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 759 of 1972, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kolano wrote:

Is there a reason that the x64 version of this is packaged differently than the x86 one (i.e. tar.gz)?

The only difference between the 2 linux packages is in the included DOSBox executable.

@RetroFAN: Maybe you have some outdated translation files in a plugins directory in the DBGL folder? The plugins folder has priority over the jar-internal translation files. If you're working on a translation and need help with this, please let me know.