Topic actions

Reply 980 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
Sorry, some bug reporting (and suggestions):

1.Other emulators:
a)empty profile after creation, I suggest to use selected game file name for it.
b) suggestion for translation: string 'Name-based game' in menu should be in form '%s-based game' for translation.
c)when you specify '%s' for parameters and choosen file name has spaces - program gets it without quotes (i.e. as several parameters). Some programs can compose all parameters in single file name, some can not. So, what I've wanted to say? Well. put in help suggestion to quote parameter (i.e. "%s") if emulator can not find game file.

2. Running game with current settings from profile editor:
a) if you use 'minimize on run' - opened modal window brings some strange results (different for tray/not tray minimize modes). Disable minimizing for such runs and get rid of these problems.
b)running windows or scumm profiles - runs them as DOSBox profiles.

3.Multiple genre, language etc:
suggestion: when you select value from combobox list and last setted string is ended by semicolon (';') - add selected value to it. Or you may use adding when selecting with Shift or Ctrl pressed.

4.Profile editors:
on 'Program information' page checkbox 'Favorites' is placed too right. Move it to next line (where it was) or calcalate its position depending on text length.

5.Bootable disks:
you use keyb setiings from dosbox defaults, but copy only keyboard.sys. Keyb code you use may be placed in other file (keybrd2.sys or keybrd3.sys). And dos keyb command does not load font for selected codepage (as it does in DOSBox). But from another hand, the worse result your method may produce is a message 'cannot load....' and all is left in english. So you may implement some sophisticated approach or left all as is. Sorry for overwording.

6. Converting between normal and archive drive mounts:
a. for PHYSFS mounts it does not work. So hide button, or make it work.
b. messages about extracting/packing archives are mixed. change places.

7. Packages download:
a. add description to user defined repositories.
b. downloading game packages from official repositories - 'HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found.'
c. download window is not modal. So while downloading (if it gets some time). you may press another dowload button. Previus processed is canceled. But!

When all download processes (canceled and not canceled) are finished - the try to release same window (you use global variable). Acccess violation...

Reply 981 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,

wow, so many bugs. Ok, I have started fixing them:

• 1a: Fixed, I'm using the program file name (without path and extension) as emulator name when name field is empty after show of file selection dialog and when changing combox box or closing the dialog now.
  • 1b: Fixed.
  • 1c: Added to help; also changed default parameter from %s to "%s": Some programs need quotes and some do not like this, but I think most need quotes.
  • 2a: Fixed for profile editor; still on my todo for other dialogs. (I will create some common temp game creation framework.)
  • 2b: Fixed.
  • 3: I'm using the TValueListEditor for the game information table. This control does not fire a message after closing the menu and before setting the value afaik so I don't see any chance doing this.
  • 4: Fixed.
  • 5a: (keybrd?.sys) Fixed.
  • 6b: Fixed.
  • 7b: Fixed games list on server, so this should also work now in 0.9b1.

Still on my todo: 2a (for other dialogs), 5b (codemage), 6, 7a+c.

And until now I cannot confirm 7d. For me everything looks right I'm FreeAndNil the variable for the dialog at the end and always "If Assigned" checking before accessing it.

And finally a bit improved version of the mobygames data reader. (Now with progress dialog and it reads the real cover image url now, not only the page where the cover image is shown.) But reading data from mobygames will probabily become a 1.0 feature because there are still a lot of things todo. For example the configuration ini needs to be stored on the DFR homepage and DFR should read it before contacting mobygames - so I can tell the reader which html tags to look for without needing to rollout a whole DFR update etc.

Reply 982 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!

Alexander wrote:

And until now I cannot confirm 7d. For me everything looks right I'm FreeAndNil the variable for the dialog at the end and always "If Assigned" checking before accessing it.

Possible critical points:

If DownloadWaitForm.Canceled then exit;

in DownloadFileFromInternet function and TDownloadWaitForm.WorkEvent method.

Reply 983 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Next things fixed/improved:

• When creating bootable disk images now the correct codepage is activated, too. (Fixes 5b)
  • Optionally hímem and emm386 can be copied and activated on disk images.
  • When starting a download from the packages manager, the packages manager windows is disabled now until the download is done (fixes 7c). Until now a second download could be started before the first one was done. This could rise access violations due to double use of the progress dialog. (So I hope this also fixes 7d.)

Still on my todo: 2a, 6a and 7a.

Reply 984 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Next two bugs are fixed: 2a and 6a. I have also started integrating the mobygames reader into DFR. It's not completely done, but is already looking good and will probably become a 0.9 feature.

I have got one question:

7a. Packages download: add description to user defined repositories.

Each user-defined repository already has a description. It's stored in the package list file. When the user adds a user-defined repository and downloads the package list file, the description will be shown in the repositories editor. So what exactly do you mean?

Reply 985 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!

Each user-defined repository already has a description. It's stored in the package list file. When the user adds a user-defined repository and downloads the package list file, the description will be shown in the repositories editor.

It is not obvious. When exporting xml package user has no option to set such a description. So when I've tried to import my package back - I see no description and decided that I shoud set it manually for user repository. After your explanation now I undestartand that I was wrong, but problem still is. So add some edit field or prompt on exporting.

And another one: I exported package for 'Second Reality'. And when I tried to import it back I get a message about inserting disc with 'Second%20Reality.zip'. Do something with url chars translation for local files.

Reply 986 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,
thank you, both problems are fixed now. Additionally now I'm reading the description from local repositories immediately when adding them.

BTW: The mobygames reader is completed now, too.

Reply 987 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9 Beta 1", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Do you whant, other(s) games profiles, for other game(s) ? = I can create profiles to = Ultima game(s) collection, and others software(s).
---
I have not found bug inside the "v0.9 Beta 1".
---
I will futher test, soon.
---
Please respond me soon as possible, ... Thanks in advance, ...
---

Reply 988 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,
yes, I would like to have more auto setup templates at any time. If you would like to create templates for the Ultima series, this would be nice.
(Sorry for the late answer, but I'm very busy at the moment again. But anyway, I will try to release 0.9b2 next week.)

Reply 989 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I have send to you a private message that contain "AutoSetup Template" for some games, that you dont have inside the AutoSetup section. (i have also renamed some "AutoSetup Template" that you have).

Please confirm, that you have receive it and the ".zip" file attached, is correct, ...

Reply 990 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Latest version sometimes shows this error when starting up:

"Listenindex uberschreitet das maximum (12)"

Never seen that before. I've seen the error twice in the last days, and both times I was able to run DFR witohur errors just after that.

Reply 993 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@sst:
Thank you for your templates (already wrote PM).

@Neville:
I can not reproduce the error message (it means "list index above the maximum (12)", DFR trys to access the thirteenth element of a list having less than thirteen elements) but I have checked the binary profile cache code and found a bug that may could rise this error message.

Additionally I have improved the package managing code and created some single games packages from the multiple games packages. So the package manager will not start in 0.9 final with an empty games list. I'm also mailing with the maker of classicdosgames.com, perhaps we can find some way to bring some of the shareware and freeware games from classicdosgames to the D-Fend Reloaded package manager in the future.

Reply 994 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend Reloaded 0.9 beta 2 is on the server now. Besides many bug fixes it brings a mobygames game information reader (see "Game Information" page of the profile editor) and some improvements to the disk image creator (codepage, option to use emm386 etc.). The feature wish list for 0.9 is closed now, the beta 2 version is string complete to the final version of 0.9. (I will write a PM to all translators within the next hours.)

By now I have also got some answer from pain.scene.org, so with a little luck we will have some of the demos offered on this site in the DFR package manager by the time 0.9 final is done.

Reply 995 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Several bug(s), see screenshots, ...
---
Please respond me soon as possible, ... Thanks in advance, ...
---

Attachments

Reply 996 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm a bit lost, where exactly is the Mobygames reader? All I can see in that tab is an option that brings me to the Mobygame page of the game, but won't fill in the data (genre, developer, etc.) in the profile.

Reply 998 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a bug on the latest Beta. 0.9 beta 2.

The Mobygames reader is not inserting the developer for the games. I'm only getting "Developer" once it's inserted.

To be more specific: the Mobyreader is showing the correct information when it retrieves the information, but it only shows up as "Developer" once the information is inserted into the profile.

Thanks Alexander,
Ranthalion75

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit

Reply 999 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Update checker problem:
Could you please change the language to English so I can understand the error message? The update checker (located in <DFR program folder>\bin\UpdateCheck.exe) has not been changed for some versions so it's very unlikely there is a bug in this program. Maybe this is a Win7 incompability?

Application blocking while downloading:
This can happen when DFR trys to connect to the server (some browsers have the same problem). This is not a real bug. DFR will respond again as soon as the server responds or the timeout is reached. Anyway I will try to improve this.

Rename screenshots:
This is not bug. DFR is giving new numbers to the screenshots in alphabetical order of the old filenames. In this case 1, 10, 2, 3, ...

Icon:
Again may be a Win7 problem. There is a highres icon in DFR and on my systems (Vista and XP) this icon is used. I'm afraid there is not much I can do.

Mobygames reader not visible:
This is because the string in the "Search game at ..." button is too long. If you add and select a very short search provider (like name=x, url=x) the button will become visible. I will try to find a different place for the icon (or perhaps for the favorite checkbox) in 0.9rc1.

Mobygames reader developer problem:
I will look at this as soon as possible.

(BTW The author of the 1000th post will win a free DFR download... 😉 )