VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by nobody

User metadata

Been trying unsuccessfully to play Conquest of the new world for the last few hours. No go; Dosbox refuses to allow me my real CDROM. Might have something to do with my virtual, but beyond that I'm clueless. Exact message follows;

MSCDEX: Failure: Drive-Letters of Multiple CDROM drives have to be continuous.

I don't see why when they haven't been before. 😜(occupying G and Q, respectively. What could it hurt that I want Dosbox to ignore 'D' and turn to the one that actually IS a CDROM?!?!?!?!?

Many, MANY Thanks in advance. *bows himself out*

Reply 1 of 1, by dougdahl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The cd works fine for me. Couldn't get it to run as a Sound Blaster 16 card, had to use regular Sound Blaster. Also a bit slow on my system. Otherwise seems like it's running pretty good.
The precise quote I used for mounting the cd is (under linux)-
mount d -t cdrom /mnt/cdrom -usecd 1 -ioctl
You'd have to read the README for the Windows equivalents and use your specific configuration (and I believe there may be a few other additional options for Windows users that might be useful)

Strange you'd get an MSCDEX error with the cd. Are you mounting the cd in dosbox using the MOUNT command to point to where the cd is or are you attempting to load the MSCDEX drivers inside dosbox to run the cd? If so, it would be best just to use the MOUNT command instead.