VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kibb1es

User metadata

I am on a mac and trying to play arena, but everytime i try to open the application it says "this program must be run under win32". I tried making a config file and changing the memory from 16 to 32 mb but i don't think the config file is loading. I am quite confused at this point. this would be easier if i could find out if it was actually loading the config file. Help please, perhaps other mac users have this problem initially as well but i could not find a past topic in search.

Reply 4 of 10, by kibb1es

User metadata

🤣. I unpackaged it, but cant get the game to run now. What do i open and how? I tried to do loadhigh install but it wont do anything. Specifically i typed loadhigh and the whole path to the install.exe, and then it wouldnt do an error or anything it just would accept the command and then do nothing. Im so confused, i thought this would work on macs? what in the program do i have to say to run and what command would i use? is it loadhigh?

please help

Reply 5 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, first....

What program are you trying to run in DosBox? You said Arena but what exactly are you typing in? I'm wondering if the Arena file your trying to execute is a SFX archive....

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

i have no idea what a SFX archive is..... The program i am trying to run is elder scrolls: arena. The path to the folder is /Users/mitch/dosgames/arena. But i do not no what within that folder to try to activate. I tried the command "loadhigh /Users/mitch/dosgames/arena/install.exe" to which the program simply skips a line and does nothing. It does not say that it is an illegal command, it simply does nothing. I have also tried "loadhigh /Users/mitch/dosgames/arena/arena.bat" but that also had the same thing occur where nothing happened, not even an error.

Reply 7 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

don't do loadhigh.

start dosbox
mount c /Usrs/mitch/dosgames
c:
cd arena
etc etc

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 9 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

I'm having the same problem. I got the Arena file as a .exe from the morrowind website. the directory is users/neil/dos/arena106.exe. What do I do to get this game to run? I have the users/neil/dos part mounted as C, can anyone give me a complete rundown of what to type? or what to do to get rid of the Win32 error?

Reply 10 of 10, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You need to unpack it... It is selfextracting archive for Windows.... You can usually unpack it in the original packer (if it is RAR archive, then in RAR).

Alternatively you can run it on a Windows computer and copy the unpacked files to your computer.

Mirek