VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just read on Emu64 News that someone is working on porting DOSBox to the Sega Dreamcast console. Here's the project's homepage in case anyone is interested: http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/

Reply 1 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Probably same performance as current handhelds considering the processor.

Dreamcast was released what? Back in late 1999? Finally handhelds have caught up and some strange person is porting DosBox to it.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 10, by GPF

User metadata

Hi, yeah Im not sure its going to be playable. It was a spur of the moment port just to see if I could get it running on the dreamcast 😀

I currently have the shell working, but have been unable to get any drive to mount so I can test something. Not sure which code is not working yet, mount -cd returns nothing, and mount c /cd or mount c /ram , either don't display anything or just show me the Z drive mount. The directory handling of the dreamcast library might be at fault and I had to change some thing to get it to compile. Just not sure what I need to fix to get mounting working.

If anyone can help, let me know.

Thanks,
Troy Davis(GPF)
http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk

Reply 5 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It will be interesting to see what the performance is like. At the very least games designed for 286's and below may run acceptably.

Wish I had a dreamcast so I could help with testing.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

the version I have partialy working is 0.60, Iv also ported 0.63 but can't get it to even start, I did see a message from the porter of the psp version mention something about later versions using a large array for indexing memory pages and since the psp(32mb) has twice the memory of the dreamcast(16mb) I figure it would be better to use an earlier version as well. Unless someone can show me what needs to be changed to reduce the memory usage 😀

Troy