VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mhex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dosbox exits when I alt-tab out.

Version: Dosbox 10-09-2005 (cvs one), drivers 81.24 NGO, 6800 GT nvidia, Win XP2 SDL.dll 10/09/05

no, it's not my system, it's your app that's bugged. Thanks 😀

Reply 1 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Please read the requesting help guidelines and submit more information.

For example, which CVS build are you running? What DOSBox settings are you using? (what output mode? fullscreen or windowed? etc.)

Also, true testers never assume that their specific system configuration is not to blame :p

Reply 2 of 7, by mhex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

dosbox mode (for all games):

Overlay mode
res default
Scale none
Hardware Scaling none

Start Fullscreen: yes
Auto lock mouse: yes
Use doublebuffer: yes
Fullfixed: NO
Aspect Correction: yes

That launches the game in a nice full screen window. Looks great and all, but dosbox dies when I tab out. CVS is 10-09-2005 like I said..

What else.. I run NGO drivers 81.24, I've tried with dhzeropoint 75.XX and had the same problems

Nvidia 6800 GT, overclocked to 371 x 1ghz.. 11,000 3dmark2003.. works fine. I run windows in 1600 x 900, with an HP 2335 screen.

Not sure what else you'd need to know. I run D-fend V2 latest version as the front end, well installed, default settings.

Reply 3 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

On my system ALT-TAB out of DosBox seems to perform the same action as ALT+ENTER.

The DosBox window goes back to windowed mode. Since this seems to be normal behavior you may just want to ALT+ENTER instead of ALT+TAB.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 7, by mhex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

alt-enter actually works.. It places the game in a "window", then I repress alt-enter to switch back to it and the window comes back full screen

thanks for the tip.. doesn't fix the alt-tab problem, but it's a workaround 😀